Camera seems to loose time between recordings

v6tom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I contacted blackvue support who told me to reset my camera's firmware but no fix.

I seem to get a video clip say from 12.14-15 pm and the next clip might start at 12.15 or it will start at 12.20 or something random. is this a sd card problem? I'm using the original black vue sd?

Can't see how the memory card could cause this issue, sounds like a firmware problem
I did re-wright the firmware by doing the format and extracting the update to the sd card, it all works fine until I look at my video files.
I'm missing time between them lol seems random. I thought maybe some bad sectors on my sd could be the culprit

Are there actually gaps in the video or is this just an error in naming the file clip.

Are there actually gaps in the video or is this just an error in naming the file clip.
There missing time between clips. The achual time is fine, the clips skip some time so there missing video between recording. I fixed this today. I put there SD card in my PC and run a benchmark 60mbps read and 10 Wright..... i tried the samsung SD I had kicking about and it get 80 read and 70 Wright.... So I swapped the blackvue SD in the dashcam for the samsung one, done some trips and checked the footage, everything is perfect now. Doesn't loose video. I guess my blackvue SD is just worn out

Back