Camera Settings - The Request Timed Out

Steven Lo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

New here was hoping someone would have a solution for my two issues:

My DR750s-2CH seems to be recording fine...but when I try to go into Camera Settings via Blackvue Wifi, I get the error "The request timed out".

Also, the camera seems to be draining my car battery even though I have Power Magic Proinstalled. Im not a very technical guy so I had a mechanic install this stuff. Was the power magic pro installed improperly? How do I prevent car battery from draining?

Appreciate all the help guys.

Steven

What car and what settings are in the PMP. Personally I would get an ELECTRICIAN to do an install. Some cars like VW group and Mercs etc have circuits that remain live for a while after turn off and you have to be careful what you connect to.
A mechanic not familiar with the individual makes can easily stuff it up. It soulds like it is wired incorrectly and is always on instead of shutting off according to the settings which should be 12v and ??hours.

Could be you have incorrect wifi settings The default password is blackvue PMP settings are all up except no2 gives 12v and 6 hours

Wiring is Yellow always on Red ACC, off with ignition, Black earth

Usual stuff up is ACC gets wired to an always on circuit. Best way to find out is put a meter on the circuit red is on lock car have a coffee and 40 mins later check to see if it still has power. It needs to turn off as soon as key is removed to be proper

Thanks for the reply Hillbilly. Yes I have the password correct so I have no issues logging in via WiFi and seeing the videos stored within the device. Only issue is I can’t seem to change device settings and only get that error message.

Take the card out and do it in a PC Much more reliable.

What about your power problem

I can never log into camera to set the settings via phone and wifi. I tried two different phones and get same error as you: "The request timed out". I have already set settings via PC but i can't adjust camera video image location via pc hance i need the phone.

Anyone know how to fix this. I would like to have ability to view camera video while i adjust it's installation location. The only way to do it is threw wifi.

I fixed it. I placed firmware folder onto empty sd card (previously formated) and reflashed firmware. After that i am able to use cell phone to set firmware settings.

What happened was config.ini files got corrupt. I'm not sure if that was because manually editing values or because Blackvue PC software corrupted it. In any case i think i will just use the phone from now on.

I can never log into camera to set the settings via phone and wifi. I tried two different phones and get same error as you: "The request timed out". I have already set settings via PC but i can't adjust camera video image location via pc hance i need the phone.

Anyone know how to fix this. I would like to have ability to view camera video while i adjust it's installation location. The only way to do it is threw wifi.

Actually its not the only way to set it .

Look on the left end and it has the word Blackvue printed on it Its not there for decoration Put your camera in the bracket with that word horizontal and then turn front of camera down two clicks. Thats what its for.

And its THROUGH WIFI

Back