Camera shuts down almost right away after power disconnect

DashBoat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 & A139
I just installed my A129 and noticed that it shuts down almost immediately after power is removed. No shutdown sound either. I don't have the rear cam hooked up yet.

My A119 would stay up for 2 seconds or so and do a proper shutdown. Is there a way of telling if this was a proper shutdown, or if something is wrong with the capacitor?

The most recent video file seems to be ok, but VLC is good at playing broken files. Is there a way of telling by inspecting the mp4 file, and/or should there be a shutdown sound?

I do not have a shutdown sound on mine and it goes off pretty much right after losing power.

Maybe the A129 is just much faster, hopefully that's all it is.

no sounds is normal, it's just a waste of power, not needed at all, if the files play then it's all good

To me it isn't a waste, it tells me it was a proper shutdown vs battery/capacitor/charger failure. If I don't hear the sound, I know I need to check everything (as I'm doing now).

To me it isn't a waste, it tells me it was a proper shutdown vs battery/capacitor/charger failure. If I don't hear the sound, I know I need to check everything (as I'm doing now).

ok let me rephrase that, when you have a dual channel capacitor based camera you have two cameras to power and more processes going on at once, you can't afford to waste power in the shutdown process

Yes, from a power budget point of view, I understand what you're saying. My biggest fear is that the camera or power supply will fail without me noticing it right away. I'll deal with it, I only posted this thread as I was caught off guard by the fast shutdown vs my A119.

I'll just have to check the files once in a while using the ffmpeg command.

Back