Camera sometimes stops recording and shows "Low speed card" message

O.S

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I recently bought a Mini 0805 camera from Gearbest (firmware date is 20160826). I bought a new SanDisk Ultra 32G class 10 card model SDSQUNC-032G (https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/ultra-microsd-for-cameras) that has 80 MB/s data read speed. The camera works fine most of the time, but sometimes while recording it makes a strange sound, the screen shows "Low speed card" and I see that the blue light stops flashing for several seconds and after that continues to flash. When I look in the SD card I see that when this happens I get smaller files and there are gaps in the recording (see attached screenshot). I tried using different recording resolutions but the problem happens in all of them.
Has anyone encountered such an issue? Is it a memory card issue or a camera issue?

small_files.png

Verify the card with a utility like H2testw. By the behaviour it's exhibiting, it could be fake or faulty.

Sandisk Ultra (red & gray) aren't reliable for use in dash cams, lots of users (me included) have faced issues.

Same card, same problems... I repaced SanDisk with Hama 64Gb UHS1 and now all is ok.

Back