Camera stays on after turning car off?

MrCellophane

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I just installed a Viofo A119 V3 and hooked it up via the lighter port. I assumed it would shut off whenever I turn the car off but when I did, the camera stayed on and continued recording. I'm assuming this is a car thing and not the camera itself. Is it possible to have the power to the lighter port shut off when I turn the car off? It's a 2017 Ford Fusion.

Hello! I just installed a Viofo A119 V3 and hooked it up via the lighter port. I assumed it would shut off whenever I turn the car off but when I did, the camera stayed on and continued recording. I'm assuming this is a car thing and not the camera itself. Is it possible to have the power to the lighter port shut off when I turn the car off? It's a 2017 Ford Fusion.

I've seen this on a toyota with a rexing camera. It's probably the 12v socket stays active even if the vehicle is turned off.

Have you monitored how long it stays on for?
Some cars keep the 12v socket powered until the bus networks go to sleep so it’s possible it is only for a few minutes after locking the car.

I believe on that particular car it stays on for 30 minutes. There are settings that can be changed with 'Forscan.' 30 minutes sounds like a nice parking mode duration for capturing supermarket door dings and saves you getting a parking mode kit.

Back