Camera stop recording while in parking, Rec light flashing. needs power reboot to start working again.

yoni

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi Guys
I have installed the A129 Duo last week together with the original 3 wire HW kit and the Sandisk pro 64 GB SDXC card. Parking mode set to 3fps time lapse.
First days everything works fine, but in the last couple of days, when I'm get into my car after it has been parking I see the Rec button flashing. and the camera is stuck- not responding.
I need to pull the power cable form the cam, wait a few good seconds and then it's back to work. Obviously I discover that it didn't record anything during parking.
Actually when it last happen - I checked the recording and the last clip was the one when I parked the car and switched off.
looks like it got stuck there and didn't even start recording in parking mode..

This is really frustrating as I was having this camera in my hands for long time before getting the 3 wire HW kit. and installation took time..
I had good experience with Viofo before (A118). but this is the first time trying parking mode.

Any ideas how should I tackle this issue?? What could be the reason?

Thanks!

A memory card format? Did you try it?

Sent from my [emoji637] [emoji809] [emoji642] using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
A memory card format? Did you try it?

I can try. I did a format thorugh the dasgcam back then before installing it.
Why do you think it's related?

Could be your card full and the cam didn't succeed to rewrite the last clip? Sometimes a card format helps.

Could be your card full and the cam didn't succeed to rewrite the last clip? Sometimes a card format helps.

I'll defiantly check this later today, and update here.
Thanks friend!

For parking mode, also try 5 fps time lapse (or something other than 3 fps) as it’s been reported problematic.

For parking mode, also try 5 fps time lapse (or something other than 3 fps) as it’s been reported problematic.
interesting... could you send a link about it please?

are you using 2 wire or 3 wire power supply?

His first post confirms he is using the original 3 wire hardwire kit, says he waited a while before it arrived and held off installing it until it he had it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, using the original 3HW kit. I've formatted the SD card yesterday, Haven't changed to 5FPS yet though.
Trying to track down the behavior. I will for sure update here.
BTW- It happen again this morning but I can't be certain that it is not because I changed the voltage protector from 12.2V to 12.4V. I just notices it after I did it.

I suspect it only happens in the transition from normal recording to parking mode. not during parking- but more investigation needed..

Hi, Yoni. I have the A129 Duo and the 3HK, with a 64gb SanDisk High Endurance card. I have experienced the same problem as you described when recording in low bit rate parking mode, with the only difference being that my 'Rec' light doesn't flash and stays lit (which is even worse because you think it's operating normally).

This problem only seems to surface when GPS functionality is activated. I haven't experienced any problems since disabling GPS. Why don't you try this and see how it goes?

Hi, Yoni. I have the A129 Duo and the 3HK, with a 64gb SanDisk High Endurance card. I have experienced the same problem as you described when recording in low bit rate parking mode, with the only difference being that my 'Rec' light doesn't flash and stays lit (which is even worse because you think it's operating normally).

This problem only seems to surface when GPS functionality is activated. I haven't experienced any problems since disabling GPS. Why don't you try this and see how it goes?
Thanks. I will add this to the list of things I should try if this problem continue :)
However it doesn't sound like an acceptable solution.. don't you think?

Thanks. I will add this to the list of things I should try if this problem continue :)
However it doesn't sound like an acceptable solution.. don't you think?
It's not, however, I am not discounting the possibility that it's an isolated one-off problem. Plus, GPS functionality has limited utility for me, it would be nice to have, nonetheless.

When the problem occurred, the screen was frozen and none of the buttons worked. I had to unplug the power cable from the camera and reconnect it after the red lights turned off.

To err on the side of caution, I have deactivated the GPS functionality. It has been running fine ever since.

Please let us know how you go.

It's not, however, I am not discounting the possibility that it's an isolated one-off problem. Plus, GPS functionality has limited utility for me, it would be nice to have, nonetheless.

When the problem occurred, the screen was frozen and none of the buttons worked. I had to unplug the power cable from the camera and reconnect it after the red lights turned off.

To err on the side of caution, I have deactivated the GPS functionality. It has been running fine ever since.

Please let us know how you go.
I will. Happend again today btw.
I can confirm that this happens when switching off the car. Not always though,
I have opened a ticket at Viofo website 2 days ago. Still no response :/

Okay,
Happen again today. but this time it just stopped recording at random point during parking. camera went off.

I have another possible direction - maybe you guys that help:
When Installed the camera I tried first to use fuse taps on empty available fuse slots, but it haven't worked.
So i just used the 15A fuses from my fustap kits connected directly to the wires of my 3HK. one to each of course..
Maybe it is related to the high amperage of the fuses I have used?

Thanks

I can't see a direct correlation between the amperage of your fuses and the problems you're experiencing.

I am assuming that 3HK has been wired up correctly, with the red wire going to a fuse slot with constant power, the yellow wire going to one with power when in 'Accessory' mode, and the black wire to a suitable grounding point.

I can't see a direct correlation between the amperage of your fuses and the problems you're experiencing.

I am assuming that 3HK has been wired up correctly, with the red wire going to a fuse slot with constant power, the yellow wire going to one with power when in 'Accessory' mode, and the black wire to a suitable grounding point.
Thanks. indeed. installed like you said.
I am now examining if changing to 5fps during parking will help.
If that won't work I'll try the GPS thing.
I'm not happy with all this..

Back