Camera stop recording while in parking, Rec light flashing. needs power reboot to start working again.

Both. today I saw it just went off for the first time furing parking. Earlier it was freezing
When it shuts down, the hardwire kit probably shut it down due to it reaching the voltage cutoff.

With the average car battery, 5 hours running 2 cams (dual-channel) sounds about right. I can only get about 10 hours for 2 cams with my huge workvan battery and that's probably hitting at an even lower voltage which will certainly reduce it's life somewhat.

Phil

First, just to test, I left it in PM 5fps for about 42 h. Now is recording every night for different periods in 5fps. No problems till now.

Sent from my [emoji637] [emoji809] [emoji642] using Tapatalk Pro

A short clip about switching from PM to regular and vice-versa.

With the average car battery, 5 hours running 2 cams (dual-channel) sounds about right. I can only get about 10 hours for 2 cams with my huge workvan battery and that's probably hitting at an even lower voltage which will certainly reduce it's life somewhat.

Phil
Good to know.
On the first 5 days cut off was set to 12.2v. And baterry lasted much more.
Than i changed it to 12.4v after reading its better fot the car battery.
I wonder if those 5 days with 12.2v were shirtening the life of the battery..

Nevertheless, my main issue isn't even related to the cut off.
It is the freezing of the camera when sometimes transitioning yo parking mode.
Still havent received an official solution from Viofo through their website :(

First, just to test, I left it in PM 5fps for about 42 h. Now is recording every night for different periods in 5fps. No problems till now.

Im jealous :)

Did you tried with another card? Could be faulty.

Did you tried with another card? Could be faulty.

If it worked perpectly in my older a118c (wo pm) and working without issues during driving with my a129, doesnt it mean the card is good?

Did you disable wifi? Why?

Why not? What am I need to use the wifi for? The cam just doing it's job, when I will need to connect with it for some reason, I will activate the wifi. Otherwise, will remain inactive.

Why not? What am I need to use the wifi for? The cam just doing it's job, when I will need to connect with it for some reason, I will activate the wifi. Otherwise, will remain inactive.

Make sense.. :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Test again: left for 3 days on PM. Today started without problems. I'll switch to low resolution to see if any difference. A file of 5fps (12 min compressed to 2 min) came out at about 237mb.

can it be related to your car's power supply?

What do you mean?

Test again: left for 3 days on PM. Today started without problems. I'll switch to low resolution to see if any difference. A file of 5fps (12 min compressed to 2 min) came out at about 237mb.

Overnight in PM on low res. Files of 3 min are at about 90 Mb so, compared with 5 fps where 12 min are 237 here, 12 min of recording are (3min of 90 x 4) 360 MB size. Now I switched to 1fps to see the results. IMHO, I see no difference between PM low res and Normal recording mode where bitrate is set to max (pic in parking lot is a snapshot from PM and pic in front of shop is from normal recording).
aa4518f498d60455f5f5d38163035804.jpg
bafdd55ef337f6957b02f8b2a3a74fdf.jpg

1fps in PM result about 250 (in fact 238Mb) files for an hour of recording. I think I will let it run like this for a while.
835c2016955a301ea55fb8d52b3be398.jpg

Back