camera stopped working after its has met 12V !

sagar_806

Reaction score
Country
India
hi,
I went to nearby mechanic for getting the wiring done internally. That guy did some "out of box" thinking and connected directly to 12V battery mains :(. After that, camera has stopped working and when i connect it to 5v power, only power light (blue color)will turn on and the screen glows dim like its turned on but nothing comes on that. I think the camera is dead. I changed the battery thinking that battery would have gone for toss, but nothing much changed. Hard reset, battery draining, pressing any button is not helping. Even it wont get detected from USB and also, not getting detected in "Direct USB" driver :(

Any hopes of getting life into this ? !!

The voltage regulator on the board is fried. Possibly other components down the line too.

Unless you know how to solder SMD components, i would just sell it for parts.

i can solder.. but could not get the circuit diagram and also, could not locate the flow on watching the board. Any idea, which chip is that voltage regulator

Wow! You enlist the services of a professional only to have him fry your dash cam. If you paid him for his services then he is liable for the damage.

Back