Camera turns of after few seconds.

daw1d

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Good day,
I have a problem with Thinkware F770 I just bought. I hard wire it correctly but the camera wont work. It wont start automatically when the car is on or off. It does absolutely nothing until I press turn on button. And when I turn in on manually it start, says "now starting continuing recording" and after few seconds it beeps and turn off. When I turn it on again it does the same. I have latest version of firmware. I tried to call to support when I was in car and had it dismantled but after 30min! of waiting I gave it up.
I am doing something wrong? After two hours of suffering I am ready to return it and go for BlackVue.

Sound like it are not getting power, hard wire and problems are often due to a poor ground being selected for use.

How is it powered? Hardwire or 12v plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ground it on the clean part of chassis. I measure it with multimeter and it works fine. And it is not like it turn of randomly. All the time it is same.. it start recording few seconds then it beeb and turn of.

I tried also to put both cables (yellow and red) on one fuse for power outlet (which was working for 100%, I was charging my phone from it) and it "worsk" same.

How is it powered? Hardwire or 12v plug?

If hardwired, check the wires. The Thinkware hardwire kit red wire is actually the ACC wire and yellow is “+”. Basically the reverse of what the wire colors would indicate.

So I tried one thing, downgrade the firmware. And when the camera was without card it constantly saying "insert memory card" for a minute. After firmware update to 1.0.6 it start recording and then it turns off after few seconds with the beep. So I think it does the camera not wiring or power.

Odesláno z mého Pixel 2 pomocí Tapatalk

One last thing, when I first hook up the camera it will works normally. It starts immediately after I plugged the power to camera and it keeps recording. But I couldnt connect to wifi. So I open the Thinkware software on my PC to set the camera and the app recommend me to download new firmware which I did. After successfully update to 1.0.8 the camera is in this weird state. I think I need to return it :(

I tried to find solution and found something else. In other thread is this information:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_pid=335937&share_fid=65060&share_type=t

"When the ignition goes off the camera should drop into parking mode after 30 seconds and the LED's should go off at this stage anyway. And if Parking mode isn't enabled the camera should switch off after about 10 seconds of turning off the ignition, again no LED lights."

So it looks like the camera didn't recieved signal from acc cable and still thinks the car is not running. So it won't start automatically and it turns off after 10 secs.

But in another thread somebody suggest to connect red and yellow wire together and connect it to switching fuse if you don't need parking mode. In this scenario the camera should turn on after ignition and starts recording. But this I tried. I put both wires on one fuse for power outlet which was active after I turn the key but the camera won't start automatically and after manual start it turns off after 10 seconds. So I don't really know where can be the problem.

Problem solved.

The fuse in acc wire was burned so camera thinks car is off and because parking mode was disabled camera turns off automatically after 10 seconds.

d866ea068b511dbc5b86ff4f435c09ff.jpg

Last edited:
I am done with this piece of s**t! After I solved my problems without any help from Thinkware support (50 minutes of waiting on phone, email without any response) I found out that this crap will never work because now it doesn't like my phone. Pixel 2 is evidently not supported and with this type of customers support I doubt it will ever be. So I am done with Thinkware. This company is dead for me. Selling crap that don't work with no support isn't something that I want to support with my money.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/wifi-connection-problems-thinkware-f770.35811/

I know Thinkware are working on Android 9 (Pie) issues at present if that's what your Pixel 2 runs on? Blackvue are also working to fix their issues too. Looks like an Android issue...Rather than Camera.

I understand that support for OS that has 0.1% phones isnt priority (main flaw of android), but my the biggest problem is no support from company. I wrote them simple email at Thursday that tha camera is turning off after 10s. No reply till today. Also the phone number on website is only symbolic, nobody answer it anyway. It is experience for me. Now I know what I need to check before I will pick the camera.

Hi Daw1d!

Which support team did you contact? If you contacted the North American Support Team what was your ticket number?

As @Maddog1974 said before, there is an update coming to resolve issues with the pixel.

For now please check our Pixel 2 guide on connecting via Wi-Fi: here.

Hello, I bought camera from Amazon UK so I contacted UK support. The guide you posted is only for 800 and 800pro. Not for 770. I already sent the camera back so it doesn't matter now. But thanks anyway for help.

Back