Camera USB extend and Reverse fullscreen.

Silhorn

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing this dash. I have a few questions:

It looks like in the pictures the port for the rear camera is mini USB, has anyone tried to extend the camera cable with a Mini USB lead?

If I don't attach the reverse wire to the reverse lights, can I still view the rear camera in full screen?

The screen would seem to be too small to me, can I connect a HDMI monitor to see live view while driving?

You can't extend the cable, it's not a regular USB cable, not sure what you're referring to with the reverse wires, it's not a reverse camera if that's what you're thinking

You mean it's not a mini USB port or the cable is some kind of special cable?
Are there longer cables available?

The connector is 10 pin, not standard USB, not sure on availability of longer cables, it was mentioned but haven't seen any as yet, you can't extend the cable

Well that sucks.

Thanks for clarifying.

I have a Mitsubishi Triton double cab. 6 Meters is just a bit too short but can make it would with a not preferred shortcut. No worry though I will figure it out.

On the other hand I just found something I was looking for when I bought my existing dashcam and it looks like its the same plug for this camera too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B077ZSL395
Expensive but should work. Enjoy.

Yes but on the camera side it looks like the same plug which is the same plug used on all rear dashcams i've seen analogue and HD.
Picture of Mini 0906 rear camera.
1524140403548.png

I think the camera comes out only 4 core cable. Then converted to the 10 pin plug.

Crap, never mind thats not 4 pin.
I will figure out maybe it 6 meter still long enough anyway. Thanks for your time

There's at least 6 wires needed for the rear camera, that aside there are limits to how long the cable can be before it will have problems, I think it was checked and confirmed as 8 metres max, included cable is 6 metres from memory, a replacement cable would be a better option, extending the cable can have issues

Not trying to discourage you, just being realistic

Back