Camera WiFi in Client mode - WORKING .ash SCRIPT inside

Discussion in 'Yi Action Camera' started by Andy_S, Jun 21, 2015.

1. sunnyPYBURN

sunnyPYBURN New Member

United Kingdom
    OK chaps. Got it all up and running! Thank yo all for your help. In addition to following the advise given directly to me, I also had a look at this thread at other help. I discovered I also had to input my phones ip address into the watchdog.sh file and also turned off wifi-on-boot on the cameras internal (is it its firmware?) software, as in what you can control using the official Yi Action app.

A few questions:

1) So now I have the cameras as clients and the phone as router. Is there a way I can connect my laptop to my phone, then access & download video recordings from each camera to the laptop via the network?

2) I have seen that there are scripts out there (example http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?45118-Xiaomi-Yi-SuperView-Mod-(-more!) which ca enhance the quality of the video recording. Can I still use these alongside the Brahma scripts for all for cameras? If so, how?

3) No doubt this has been asked before, but are there plans on Brahma, or any apps out there which can simply preview each of the cameras over the network?

Thanks again guys

2. vadimkozhin

vadimkozhin New Member

Latvia
    sunnyPYBURN, you really need to start using the search on this forum :) To answer you Q's:

1) Yes you can. Now you have a network with your cams and router, and you may connect to your phone with any devise and it becomes in one network with cams. Since then, you can connect on each camera just type in browser cameras IP address (this is the case when static IP's are a bit preferable over dynamic). Each cam has a web-server built-in, which you can use to transfer files. But the connection speed will be slow.

2) I don't know what is 'Brahma script', but if you talk about Brahma android app – it don't related to scripts, it's just control cameras, e.g. trigger the shutter and doing some other stuff. There is some preview feature there, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to use it. For enhance quality you need to make your custom autoexec.ash for each cam, and add there lines with parameters you need combining network settings that you have now. Read forum for this thread, for starts. And take a look on this script. And you need to understand how these scripts works, in order to combine settings what you need.

3) Can't talk about Brahma, but if you want a live preview from cam, you can do this by using this app, it works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Also you can do a lot of 'open' configuration using this app, it basically replaces the functionality of original android app, and since your phone cant connect now to cams using original xiaomi app, use it to configure cameras remotely from PC, if it fits in your configuration.

Anyway, read the other topics, use search on this forum and experiment a lot with settings. Only then you can figure out what config is suitable for you.

3. sunnyPYBURN

sunnyPYBURN New Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks, Vadomkozhin. I shall indeed check the rest of this site for answers :)

4. mrvr

mrvr New Member

United States
    I'm having a problem running this script with both the Brahma 360 and PonerineM apps. With both apps I can connect to the cameras. In both apps, when I hit the record button, my cameras respond and begin recording. In both apps, when I hit the button to stop recording, the apps both indicate that recording has stopped, but the cameras do not stop recording. At this point, the only thing I can do to turn off the camera is remove the battery. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

5. aiua

aiua New Member

France
    Hi guys !

just to know, someone successfully use the Original Android App with the custom Wi-Fi settings ?
    (just because the liveview is more responsive with it)

Thanks !

6. waliszak2

waliszak2 New Member

Poland
    Hi!
    I have two cameras Xiaomi Yi and I want to connect them to the same PC and have live view using CC. I have also two wifi cards. Also I want to use VLC player. For me the best and easiest way to do this is to change Gate adress in one cam from 192.168.42.1 to for example 192.168.43.1 . Can someone help me how to do this ?

7. vadimkozhin

vadimkozhin New Member

Latvia
    waliszak2, You can put one of your card on PC in AP mode, which allows cams to connect to your laptop. And then use client mode scripts on Yi's to connect to this AP. Make sure you use static IP's on cameras, in that case you'll always will know exactly the addresses of both cams and can use two instances of VLC to connect to both of then in LIVE view mode.

Or, you can use portable wifi router, to achieve the same – client mode scripts on Yi's, connect your PC to portable router and use VLC to live view.

8. waliszak2

waliszak2 New Member

Poland
    Ok, thanks. But can you tell me how can I set static IP on camera ?

9. vadimkozhin

vadimkozhin New Member

Latvia
    waliszak2, at the first post of this thread there is a download link with the scripts.

You'll need to edit sta.sh file and put your IP's there, separate for each cam. So, if your routed is 192.168.1.1, then on first cam in sta.sh put:
    Code:
    …
    ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.151 netmask 255.255.255.0
    #udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

and on the second:
    Code:
    …
    ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.152 netmask 255.255.255.0
    #udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Just in case, remember, when you edit these files, last line should be empty, and use should use text editor that produces Unix line endings. Do not touch anything in these scripts, just edit the lines.

Next, in the wpa_supplicant.conf you'll need to put your router connection credentials.

Upload all files, including autoexec.ash in the root of your SD card. (sta.sh and wpa_supplicant.conf should remain in wifi folder)

Turn on your router/hotspot, turn on both cameras, wait a bit and try to ping them. Your cameras will connect to your router and when you ping them, you should get response.

Now you can connect to both cams using Xiaomi Yi Camera Control&Configure and use LIVE view.

waliszak2 likes this.
  10. rflmota

rflmota New Member

Portugal
    Hi,

Can someone tell me if this script works on Yi Z26L with the latest FW v.1.5.6?

Thank you.

11. kannix

kannix New Member

Germany
  12. Dominique

Dominique New Member

France
    Hello all,

I have some trouble with 2 Yi Cameras :

When i configure one with DHCP, it connects well to my router. The second one connects too, if the first one is not plugged. I can't have both connected, just the first or the second (so the 2 configurations work).
    Have you some idea ? I've checked, they haven't the same MAC address, and I set a different ip for the two cameras in my router (the cam are with dhcp, i've put a static lease on the router).
    Thanks for all, i've no lead ... (and sorry for my english :D)