Camera WiFi in Client mode - WORKING .ash SCRIPT inside

this thread is probably so dead but, yi discovery is not even working on vlc, nor script and C&C either. i am willing to help with firmwares and trials... also earful to any leads such as what is the difference and how does it work. i got it running from the yi action app and have a telnet load of questions and answers ive captured when it connected to the camera such as tokens.
i have 6 yi discovery's i wanna connect together for C&C and VLC

Hi!
Thanks for your hard work Andy, you rock dude!

I'm able to get my cameras connected to the router.
The problem I'm having is trying to get the application(s) to access the cameras.
I'm having 100% successful pings with all of the cameras.

As for the applications, sometimes it sees the cameras but, will not connect or when it does connect...
It works great but, it will only control one camera, instead of all 3. I have 5 total.

I have the TP-Link_16CC AC1900 Router (at it's default settings).
I'm new to the network field and I'm learning a lot.
Please, any help would be awesome.

Thank you!
Best Regards;
David

Hi dfblem1
I just sent you conversation, as I'm newbie and zero experience in networking.
I have yi 23L c 1.5.12 and tried andy_s script, but just don't know how to ping and check if the cameras (3 units) connected to my
linksys router E2500. Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated
Please help

Hey,
I'm away from my workshop. I will share some screenshots, once back in the office.

Thanks!

Hi dfblem1,
Hey,
I'm away from my workshop. I will share some screenshots, once back in the office.

Thanks!
Thanks for respons.
I'd like to share my experience :
I edit wpa_supplicant_conf :
wpa_supplicant_conf.jpg

then edit sta_sh :
sta_sh.jpg

then copy them to the root of my micro SD put in the Yi camera, the LED blink, and then I turn on the wifi button, the 1 second beep beep after 30sec.
But I just don't see the Yi camera in the DHCP list in my router setup page.
FYI, I also bought camera controller from Harald, and really hope may use multiple Yi camera for my little project.

Hey,

Here is my setup. You can just set it up to match your credentials.
You can leave the wifi on the camera off.
.screen11.jpg

Also, here is a video of the camera connecting to the router, just listen to the beeps.

Best Regards;
David

Last edited:
Hidfblem1
I will try tomorrow, and see what happen.
BTW how to check (ping or anything) that will make sure the connection between Yi cams and my router is OK ?
Really appreciate your time and willing to help

Hey,
Anytime, buddy. Glad to help anyway I can.
screen10 (1).jpg
Here is a screen shot of my setup. You can log into your router or go into the Command Prompt.

Best Regards;
David

Hi dfblem1
I tried your script, as your screen shot, and voila :
ping-1.jpg

Then I tried "camera controller", and for the very 1st time the Yi connected.
But only for 5-10 seconds (tried 10 times), but then cannot connect anymore.
Do you have any idea why ?

And strange thing is I tried to ping for making sure :
ping-11.jpg
it just won't show 192.168.1.177
Hope you may know what's wrong
Thank's

Hey,
Welcome to my world, lol. This is where my problems are. Sometimes, I'm able to connect 1 to 2 cameras and most of the time, it works with zero issues. I'm barely able to get 3 working, I have 5 of these cameras total.

Not sure of your ping, issues. That is strange. I believe I had the same problem with my old router.
Also, you're not turning on the wifi on the camera?
That could cause issues.

You should send Herald, your setup files and have him take a look at them. Maybe there is something he or we missed.

Best Regards;
David

Last edited:
Hi, I did email Harald, but still wait his response, hopefully he might find something I missed/wrong.
Will info, find the solution or not, but really curious as it seems many people go ok but not me.
Haha
Thank's David

Hey,
Have you tried pinging again?
I sometimes powered off everything. Turn on the router first and wait for it to setup itself before, turning on the cameras. Try to get 100% ping, that's the most important. Make sure you're following the beep sequence of the camera from the video I sent.

Hopefully, Herald will find something soon to help us both out, lol.

Best Regards;
David

Hi David,
unfortunately no response from Harald for last 72 hours, I'm quite surprised, as before I paid the apps, the response is really good
I'm recently do experiment with toshiba flash air, and really surprise with the stability of the wifi card. Once I edit the config file, the system went smoothly as it should with no effort. Only I just can't control the cameras, but the file flows really well. I think for my little project, will stuck to these cards.

Hey,
So you're getting back to 100% ping, awesome.
Hopefully, Herald will get back to you, he's probably very busy. I purchased both Camera Controller and Camera Toolkit. I prefer the Toolkit app.

Best Regards;
David

Hey,
Anytime, buddy. Glad to help anyway I can.
View attachment 46482
Here is a screen shot of my setup. You can log into your router or go into the Command Prompt.

Best Regards;
David

I have managed to get my IP showing up in my router for the camera now, but I cant connect to it, I can ping it.

Can you link me to these apps you use to find the cameras? I tried using raw rtsp in VLC but I couldn't get it to work.

edit: I found this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-control-configure-from-pc-win-lin-mac.11206/
But its super buggy, putting in my path to VLC let me open up the stream, but It seems to need the software to open it which sucks.
and yours looks much more up to date?

Last edited:
OK, this is actually handy, i have no idea why it didn't work for me but now it does.
Can you please elaborate on how exactly to "hack" the streaming resolution and bit rate.
thanks

I had the same problem using the wifi_sta script:
The camera connects to the router successfully
(proving that the credentials are correct) and immediately
disconnects. Plus the camera frequently locks up
requiring the battery to be removed to restart the
camera.

After some extensive testing I found the solution – I activated
“Turn on WI-FI when device is on” using the camera app.
Turning it off, the script works perfectly.

(When using the camera to stream to VLC disable the watchdog
function as well.)

I had the same problem using the wifi_sta script:
The camera connects to the router successfully
(proving that the credentials are correct) and immediately
disconnects. Plus the camera frequently locks up
requiring the battery to be removed to restart the
camera.

After some extensive testing I found the solution – I activated
“Turn on WI-FI when device is on” using the camera app.
Turning it off, the script works perfectly.

(When using the camera to stream to VLC disable the watchdog
function as well.)
How did you manage to get it to stream to VLC?

How did you manage to get it to stream to VLC?
That takes two steps (when you have established a connection):
1) Enable rtsp streaming in the camera
-> run the Camera_video_stream.py
from this repo

2) Start VLC
-> run: vlc rtsp://192.168.173.1/live
(with the camera's ip address, of course.)

Voila - that's it. Runs stable for hours...

Back