Camera WiFi in Client mode - WORKING .ash SCRIPT inside

Please have mercy on a not entirely code savvy old git.I'm learning a bit slowly but at my age it all get's a bit blurry.I'm new to the Yi and have been greatly impressed by the C&C app (program?) but cannot get the camera to log in to my network using this client mode code.So I must be doing something wrong and I don't have the brain to figure out what.I include a pic of how I'm editing the wpa_supplicant file in wordpad++ (I've got that far) to add my network details but nothing seems to actually work and nothing gets picked up by the router (or if it does it doesn't let me know about it).I've tried it in the quotes and taking the quotes away,I've tried changing TIMP to AES like on my connection properties.Is there a glaring **** up in the picture or a nudge toward what I've done wrong.Ta.

Attachments

• howtoconnect.jpg
    howtoconnect.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 92
You have doubled network ssid name and a space in its name. It should look like this:

Code:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="ThompsonAC1A50"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA2 WPA
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
psk="TypeHerePasswordYouUseToConnectToYourWifi"
}

Thanks Valdi.Have re-tried with your suggestions.Have moved it all around the house including right next to the router.Still nothing.I get the one second beep after a few seconds with no wifi light on which I think is correct ? A couple of newbie things. My router is configured with AES and not TIMP but the CCMP takes care of thet yes ?
And do I need to uncomment the bits I've filled in or is this as they should be ? Router recognised my new Android tablet ok but I hate using it so far.Would much rather use C&C in Windows without disconnecting from the web.

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 51
I have the same problem, I can not get my Xiaomi camera to work within my local wifi network :/
My router is also configured with AES. However - I replied you, when I saw you had some obvious
errors in your script. I will try to sort it out soon, when I will only get some spare time.

Thanks Valdi.There is no rush.I'm swamped with new technology at the minute and can't take it all in at too fast a pace.If you find a work around I'd be grateful to hear it though.I'll use C&C by preference anyway because I can't get the hang of Android yet.

Hi there
I also tried and cannot connect to my wifi. I tried even with an open network setting parameter =NONE as explained earlier in this thread but does not work.
Some help is appreciated. Thanks

What is your SSID, security mode, if WPA then what algorithm?

What is your SSID, security mode, if WPA then what algorithm?

Mine says "WPA2-personal" encryption type "AES" . Router describes security as "WPA-PSK" and "New stations are allowed (automatically)"

Is that enough ?

Then the default wifi.conf should work (as it covers both wpa&wpa2, tkip&aes)

Make sure your password and SSID are in double quotes, that you used notepad++ / pspad for editing (because of newlines) and that you didn't change anything else except lines SSID and PSK

Then the default wifi.conf should work (as it covers both wpa&wpa2, tkip&aes)

Make sure your password and SSID are in double quotes, that you used notepad++ / pspad for editing (because of newlines) and that you didn't change anything else except lines SSID and PSK

Aha! Double quotes.I thought it'd be something simple.I shall go try right now.Thanks Andy.Will let you know.I am using notepad++.

Code:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="YourNetworkName"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA2 WPA
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
psk="YourSuperSecretPassword"
}

Well, FINALLY it worked for me - but only using WPA-Personal/AES
- it did NOT work using WPA2-Personal/AES! Maybe you jagger also have
to switch your router to WPA-Personal/AES, as above.
PS. I use Win7 64bit and now everything works as expected, even CC.exe,
streaming view on VLC etc.

Last edited:
Well, FINALLY it worked for me - but only using WPA-Personal/AES
- it did NOT work using WPA2-Personal/AES! Maybe you jagger also have
to switch your router to WPA-Personal/AES, as above.
PS. I use Win7 64bit and now everything works as expected, even CC.exe,
streaming view on VLC etc.

Nope,Not yet.I tried altering the settings to WPA Personal but have to use TKIP to connect.I never was much good at network stuff.I'll try again later after starting reading from the first post again.I've missed something.

i have wpa2-personal(PSK) with AES and cams are working as they should.

Be aware, that they are VERY sensitive to signal strength & quality.

i have wpa2-personal(PSK) with AES and cams are working as they should.

Be aware, that they are VERY sensitive to signal strength & quality.

I had my camera a foot from the router just a while ago as I thought I'd check. I'm getting the nice long beep after a minute so it sounds like the camera is going into client mode.I'll have to recheck all the files on my card with the first post tomorrow and see if I've put something in or left something out.It'll be something I've done/not done.It's just spotting it is the hard bit.

Just wondering out loud but are there any other files in the wifi folder that need personalising or altering? (I really need to sleep on this I think.)

unless you want to set static IP, you don't need to change anything else.

unless you want to set static IP, you don't need to change anything else.

Thanks Andy.I'll have another look tomorrow.

I still prefer C&C by the way.No other app gives me that zoom function that I can see and I use that.Ta.

Hey,
last time I forgot to sign the apk. There won't be parsing issues anymore.
Please remember to uninstall any previous version of the official xiaomi app, as this will most probably also result in errors.
And you will still need to stick to the static IP: 192.168.0.130 as reverse engineering for a dynamic address takes a bit longer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlv4bsqfz3trrb2/xiaomiyi_2015_08_20.apk?dl=0

Success.

I had several tries with the files on the card and then thought it would be a good idea to download a fresh set and apply my details to them.I did just that and the long beep happened much quicker and then the camera appeared on my router list.Hurrah.Big relief.And thanks to all the helpers for that.Now I just have to figure out how to connect C&C with it on the network (a whole new ballgame) and I'll be away.

I may try reverting to my original network protocols as it was obviously something I did in notepad++ on the files and nothing else interfering.

EDIT:- Tried reverting to WPA2/AES and nothing happened at all.So I'm back on WPA/TKIP and it connects up fine.I had misspelled my router name on the original file.I put a P in it.P for plonker.

Any help on connecting C&C to the networked camera gratefully accepted. :)

Last edited:
Back