Camera will turn on 30 minutes later

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
So when I park in my garage I hold the power button down until all the lights go off so it won't record in parking mode. When I went to drive this morning I noticed the red recording light was flashing. I looked at the footage and noticed it did stop recording the timelapse and power off for 30 minutes then it seems like it just turned back on into normal recording mode. The same thing happened yesterday but I did not have the SD card in so it just kept beeping. Any ideas on whats going on and how to fix?

Thanks

I’m not aware of anyone manually turning off the camera. It’s designed for set and forget.
We’ll need to test that further.

Some times my car does not move for days sitting in the garage. I will also be holding power to shutdown when in this situation. I will report what happens to me once I receive the HW kit which should be tomorrow or Monday depending on the Post office and have it installed. I hate to waste battery and storage space for a place that does not need to be recorded. I have home security cameras for that purpose.

So when I park in my garage I hold the power button down until all the lights go off so it won't record in parking mode. When I went to drive this morning I noticed the red recording light was flashing. I looked at the footage and noticed it did stop recording the timelapse and power off for 30 minutes then it seems like it just turned back on into normal recording mode. The same thing happened yesterday but I did not have the SD card in so it just kept beeping. Any ideas on whats going on and how to fix?

Thanks

I'll do a test using the manual power off method and see what happens, it might be a firmware bug, if it is we'll get it addressed ASAP

I’m not aware of anyone manually turning off the camera. It’s designed for set and forget.
We’ll need to test that further.

I read somewhere once the camera goes in parking mode you can hold the power button to power it off.

Some times my car does not move for days sitting in the garage. I will also be holding power to shutdown when in this situation. I will report what happens to me once I receive the HW kit which should be tomorrow or Monday depending on the Post office and have it installed. I hate to waste battery and storage space for a place that does not need to be recorded. I have home security cameras for that purpose.

I would be interested if you are getting the same issue. If not I may need to try a different fuse and see if that fixes it. I did to a test of the cigarette lighter fuse before install and it is off when the car is off. For now, I am just going to pull the power cable out a bit so I know for sure it won't turn on. The good news with this issue is I know the camera can record for a long time before the battery gets low. With it recording just about the entire night, I was able to start up my car just fine.

I'll do a test using the manual power off method and see what happens, it might be a firmware bug, if it is we'll get it addressed ASAP

Thanks just wanted to let you guys all know that I am really happy with the camera. I know parking mode is still in early stages just thought I would point out some issues I am having in case they are bugs.

Thanks just wanted to let you guys all know that I am really happy with the camera. I know parking mode is still in early stages just thought I would point out some issues I am having in case they are bugs.

yeah I appreciate it, if we don't get feedback like this we can't fix things

you are using the 30mins/5fps setting yeah?

yeah I appreciate it, if we don't get feedback like this we can't fix things

you are using the 30mins/5fps setting yeah?

No, I am using 12 Hours and 5FPS. Looking at the recording since I turned off the camera it appears to come back on in 30 minutes. Auto restart is also turned off

No, I am using 12 Hours and 5FPS. Looking at the recording since I turned off the camera it appears to come back on in 30 minutes. Auto restart is also turned off

ok thanks, I want to replicate your settings in case it's some kind of combination of things

when you updated the firmware last did you reset default settings before setting things how you like?

ok thanks, I want to replicate your settings in case it's some kind of combination of things

when you updated the firmware last did you reset default settings before setting things how you like?

The camera came with 1.30.

ok no problem, a couple of other questions

what vehicle is it in?

which circuit is the permanent power connected to?
It is an LS400 and permanent power is connected to the door fuse.

It is an LS400 and permanent power is connected to the door fuse.

ok I'll need to check but if the circuit you're on is ECU or BCM controlled it may be affecting things, our tech guy is out of state today so I won't be able to find out until Monday, I'll keep testing in the mean time to see if I can replicate the issue

Ok in case this helps too here are the 2 fuses I use. Red is power when the car is on and green is power when the car is off.

IMG_1949 - Copy.JPG

the switched circuit will be fine, it's the permanent supply we need to check, if that power cycles at anytime the camera will come back on in normal mode

the switched circuit will be fine, it's the permanent supply we need to check, if that power cycles at anytime the camera will come back on in normal mode
Ahh, I see even when I power it off it will turn back on? When I turn the car off without powering the camera down it does stay in timelapse mode until I start the car again. However, it is when I power it off, it turns itself back on into normal mode as if I just started the car.

yeah if the camera is powered off manually and the permanent power feed is cycled the camera will come in in normal mode, the timelapse mode is only switched by enabling/disabling the acc power

yeah if the camera is powered off manually and the permanent power feed is cycled the camera will come in in normal mode, the timelapse mode is only switched by enabling/disabling the acc power
Okay also wondering if they may be related, when the camera is in parking/timelapse mode the clips are 1 minute and 59 seconds long. In the setting, I have it set to save a clip every three minutes. Also in between each clip, there seems to be a gap of 2-3 seconds.

Back