Camera will turn on 30 minutes later

Thanks, will check when I get back to the computer, out for a few hours

Thanks, I hate to be a bother again lol but I got a new issue. Today I just got off work and my car has been sitting outside. I went to press the menu button to see if it was still in parking mode and heard a crunching noise. I went to look and the power button and menu button are jammed. It looks like the heat in the car melted the buttons or something. I have attached a photo. Is it possible for me to get a replacement or get it repaired?

Thanks

IMG_1952.JPG

Severe malfunction there by the looks of it, @Street Guardian USA will probably be in contact with you soon regarding replacement.

Edit:
Update:

We recently confirmed that the 2 customers with reported the warped button issue have confirmed they are putting up reflective heat shields in their windshield when they park to keep the cabin cooler. This actually creates an extremely hot amplified oven environment between the windshield and camera. This small oven pocket will for sure exceed any dashcam rated max operating (and even storage) heat specs and should be avoided.

User manual will be updated to let people know that might not realize the repercussions of doing this.

Please don’t put up reflective heat blocking shields in your vehicle if there is a dashcam between that and the windshield.

————

That’s a new one. These are best chamber tested well beyond a typical car situation. Did you try to massage the button to see if it pops back out again? Email me your order details and I’ll sort this out.

Last edited:
That’s a new one. These are best chamber tested well beyond a typical car situation. Did you try to massage the button to see if it pops back out again? Email me your order details and I’ll sort this out.

Yep, I did try to move it around but had no luck. I sent a message with my order information.

Okay got the replacement camera :) so all is good only thing is it still seems to turn on by itself. This time it turned back on an hour later. I highlighted the two video files in the screenshot showing when I turned it off to when it turned itself back on.

Camera Turns on.PNG

I have attached a photo.
I see you left the factory cellophane on the screen. I tend to do that myself with almost everything as long as I can. It didn't last very long on my SGGCX2, I move it around among different vehicles.

I see you left the factory cellophane on the screen. I tend to do that myself with almost everything as long as I can. It didn't last very long on my SGGCX2, I move it around among different vehicles.
Yea I tend to keep some of that stuff on to keep it new. Usually, I keep it on for a bit to see how well the product works. The replacement cam I got I took it off since it bubbled up :p.

Buttons on my camera also stick when sitting outside in the summer sun. Happened 3 or 4 times but I was able to fiddle with them and it doesn't appear to happen when the temperature drops.

Back