Camera won’t automatically reconnect to Cloud

USMCSS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have a solid connection to my WiFi at home for cloud operation. When I leave my house the cloud disconnects which is normal. When I return home the camera will not connect back to my house WiFi. I have to turn off WiFi and then turn it back on at which point the camera connect to the cloud and works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yep. Once the camera realizes it's disconnected, it'll try to reconnect a few times, and then give up.

If you leave it overnight, it will eventually reconnect by itself after 8'ish hours (though not 100% reliably). Or if your firmware has the automatic reset, you can set it for something like 3AM, and the camera will reboot and reconnect then.

I did report this to BlackVue, but I guess not enough people are doing what we do, and complaining about it. A pity, because even something like attempting a retry every hour'ish would solve this problem.

Brad.

Well that’s good to know Brad! Thank you!!! Lost cloud connection this morning, this happens once in a while as well along with rear camera disconnect! I have a WiFi booster right in my garage so the signal to the camera is perfect!

This is my second set, first set had so many problems! Great cameras when they work! To bad they hardly ever work as advertised!! Seems like more of a pain in the neck having to deal with all the issues!

Yep. Once the camera realizes it's disconnected, it'll try to reconnect a few times, and then give up.

That would explain why it works only sometimes for me too.

Hey guys, the new 1.005 firmware update fixed this issue!!!

Hot damn! I grabbed 1.012 for my 650S and indeed my auto-reconnect is almost instantaneous now. I got home after a shopping trek, and by the time I made it to my desk to look, I was connected. That's outstanding!

That only leaves one complaint left from me, and it's not even that significant in the grand scheme of things. I'm pretty pleased today.

Brad.

Hot damn! I grabbed 1.012 for my 650S and indeed my auto-reconnect is almost instantaneous now. I got home after a shopping trek, and by the time I made it to my desk to look, I was connected. That's outstanding!

That only leaves one complaint left from me, and it's not even that significant in the grand scheme of things. I'm pretty pleased today.

Brad.
lol that's awesome Brad! It's amazing how some of the small things in life can make us happy. I am with you on the complaints, nothing major for me anymore. This is my third set of cameras as the first two were defective. Now that everything is working I love these cameras!

I'm having the same issue. Firmware update didn't sort it, so I have to manually turn WiFi off on the camera and then back on again.

Hopefully they'll fix it for the 750's in a future release.

I'm having this issue as well (ver. 1.016) and it is maddening. Frequently it will be connected to the garage AP (I monitor via Pingplotter) until I drive off, go through the Starbucks drive-thru, and return home - never having switched off the car. The garage AP is about 15 feet from the dashcam, and I've experimented with rebooting the AP but with no success.

Same issue here (DR-750S 1-CH - latest firmware ver 1.016). Camera connected to garage wifi in parking mode, drive it somewhere, return to garage and it doesn't reconnect to wifi until the camera is rebooted (either manually or scheduled). Looks like the 750S need's the same magic the 650's got..

My "workaround" is to enable the "Cloud connected" audio and, if I don't hear it by the time I'm about to shut the engine off, I use the button to cycle Wi-Fi off/on. But, if the 650s got something similar patched, I've got hope!

Good idea, I was resorting to unplugging and plugging the cam back in. Am logging a ticket with Blackvue now as well so it isn't just us sat here out of sight!

After I loaded ver 1.017 I can say I'm not having to manually toggle Wi-Fi off/on to get it to connect to my garage AP as frequently as I used to, but I don't know if there's a direct cause > effect relationship.

Back