Can’t turn off or stop camera recording in parking mode!

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
If the camera is recording in parking mode there is nothing i can do to stop it apart from taking the power cable out, i have it set for 1 hour in parking mode and went back to the car after 30 minutes and just wanted to check the files !
Has anyone else come across this issue or found any solution to it.

@Sdeel7491 And you'll probably be surprised to find that the buttons sometimes don't work even in normal mode. :p (check out the A139 firmware thread)

Apparently, according to Viofo, in parking mode it's by design. In normal mode God knows because it's random and Viofo still didn't acknowledge it.

Last edited:
assuming they will work in normal recording mode if you need to turn it off while parked might be easier just to turn the key to ACC so it goes back to normal recording mode, then press and hold the power button to shut it down, easier than pulling power cables in and out

Yes for now we have to pull the power plug,,,,,, actually i did that just a hour ago to inspect the memory card i am testing and retrieve a little footage for a youtube upload.
I hope this get fixed so you dont have to remember to turn off camera before you turn off car, cuz my tired old brain would not be able to handle that.

Back