Can a dashcam have "constant power" and NOT RECORD until it detects motion ?

I have two A119V3 one with GPS and one without both on firmware v2.0T (originally v1.30). Both wired to constant on (not HK3), I have problem with the A119V3 going into and come out of parking mode consistently, after frustrating trials of different settings. What ended up working for me is just set the cams on motion detection and parking mode off (I think the setting is mutually exclusive). The cam will record whenever motion is sensed. I am not too worry about battery drain as I have an electric vehicle so the drive battery is constantly topping off the 12V battery. And I am not worry about microSD card write cycle as I have 64GB Samsung ProEndurance which should last me for years.
I have this setting for just a week, looking at the footage it seems it's doing what it's supposed do, any motion it starts buffered recording (15s before the event I think). The microSD card does get fill up quickly, I set my bit rate to high as well. The card fill up every 1.5 to 2 days from driving and random parked recording as any motion triggers recording (cars drives by, person walk pass, tree blowing in the wind). The Samsung Pro Endurance suppose to have at least 4000 write cycle so that's something like 10 years. Pretty sure I am not going to have the same microSD card or dash cam in 10 years.

@Ant looks like you posted this question in another thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...hat-is-powered-when-the-ignition-is-on.42654/

I'll add a link once I upload some footage with these settings.

2560x1600P 30fps
Firmware v1.02 build 20190627
Bitrate = High
Loop recording = 3 Min on a Samsung 128GB EVO Plus U3
Video format = MP4
Exposure = +0.0
WDR = Off
Parking mode = Off
Parking G-Sensor = High Sensitivity
Parking Mode Detection = Middle Sensitivity ( I am not using it but there is no off setting)
Time-Lapse Recording = Off
Motion Detection = Off
GPS = On
Speed Unit = KM/H
G-Sensor = Low Sensitivity
Date Stamp = On
GPS Info Stamp = All Info
Camera Model stamp = On
Record Audio = On
Screen Saver = 30 Seconds
Boot Delay = 5 Seconds
LED = Off
Date/Time = DD/MM/YY
Time Zone = GMT+10
Language = English
Beep Sound = Off
Frequency = 50 Hz
Image Rotation = Off
Format = only when I need to do it.
Format Warning = Off
Default Settings = Only when I am setting it up for Installation or problems. (Haven't had any problems)
Car Number = I don't have anything entered here.
Custom Text Stamp = I don't have anything entered here either.
Firmware Version = v1.02 build 20190627

I use a polarisation filter and leave it on day and night. I'm happy with the image.

As a footnote:
I have an A119 V1 which broke
Another A119 V1 which I gave up on as it would drop off the power and loose recording (or never made them in the first instance)
A129 Duo This is in my main car and it does the job I want.
A129 Duo IR Works fine but the IR makes the cabin all red during the day due to the Infrared setup or using another setting black and white. Used in another car, has really bad GPS pickup.. almost useless.
and the
A119V3 This has the best image quality out of the others I have mentioned. I would use this as my main dash cam but I also needed the rear cam. I can't afford the price of the VIOFO A129 PRO DUO ULTRA 4K

Back