Can anyone help me please. I need 360° recording ar one time to catch the person keying my car

Elkah120189

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me out.

I've been researching 360 dash camsfor 4 days watching reviews, etc and the only ones I've found are way out of my price range (the waylands 360 secure, Garmin tandem, blackview front and rear but u would need 2 sets of these .... also out of my price range)

I need the following

To be able to record front, back, sides at the same time 24.7
App -with notifications and footage sent when something happens
Motion detection
Parking mode
Infered /night vision
Hard wired into car
To be able to view, download footage via the app

I have seen some panoramic ones but they dont do 360 due to where it is to be mounted and there are limited reviews

I would even be happy with a good front and rear that could be turned to fact each other in the car to give 360°

I purchased the vanture n2 pro. But this doesnt come with an app or wifi so will be sending this back as cant be trailed through endless amounts of footage and my laptops just given up on me

I have also seen the ones you attach to the outside of the car, but these I believe would be ripped off and are too obvious, and a lot of these seem to be parking aids.so want ones installed inside the car

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I could do?

Or has anyone set something like this up in their own vehicle ? What did you use?

Does anyone know of any multi channel system?

Has anyone created their own multi channel system?

I also will be hardwiring myself for the first time.

If there are separate cameras will this drain my battery a lot quicker? And is there limited space to wire these in? Or do you babe something else they cam all run through like an extension lead for for the car ? That isnt going to compromise the batter life on my car?

I'm clueless. Any help would be so greatly appreciated

I have a very strong suspission as to which one of my neighbours is doing this as have has asb front them for almost 2 years but now need to prove it. On my last car the entire body was done my tyres tampered with and I've only had this one 3 weeks and already a deep scratch running from the front headlights all the way through to the back of the car

I'm devastated :(

(Fyi, I have small cameras pointing on the area I usually park in they are great during the day but leave a lot to be desired at night.

I cant get proper cctv as live in flats and dont have a designated parking space and is first come first served )

Last edited:
You'll need to spend more, you won't get what you're after with anything cheaper than the models you already feel are too expensive

This do not exist, at least not in the consumer realm, maybe for professionals.

There are few 4 channel cameras, not least worth while ones.
Also few cameras with build in SIM tray so it can be online all the time and send notifications.
Motion detection, yes but it is a flawed way of doing parking guard, at least if you park in public with stuff moving.
IR, not on any serious dashcam, and it will be bad if its a camera aimed thru glass as the IR light will just refelct in the glass and blind the camera, but now there are a few camers that cover the cabin that have IR, but even there many of them are very weak light, its not IR light with reach like on a CCTV camera.
Hard wire, is a must to do parking guard, 4 cameras will use " a lot" of power, so if you use it all the time aside for when you drive, you probably need to drive for a hour or two every day to replenish what is lost the rest of the time.
DL footage, yes can be done on wifi enabled cameras if it is on, mind you some cameras will use a lesser bitrate / image quality if wifi are on, also it generate more heat so best left off when not in use.
Most wifi cameras today have APP for both android and IOS, i would not like to engage with my cameras in this way other than doing settings as my old eyes like the large phone screen better.
But i would never DL video to my phone, or browse videos, or share videos VIA my phone,,,,,, but i am also a extreme hater of phones,,,, well as much as you can be and still own one ( i touch my phone on average 5 minutes daily )
I use my PC for viewing dashcam footage, transferring video from the memory card in my card reader are also a lot faster ( 90 MB/s Vs the 20 or so MB/s you get via wifi in cameras )

I have CCTV on my parked car, a 1080 PTZ IP camera mounted on my #2 floor balcony door, i also have a camera covering the street side of the block, and a camera in the peephole in my apartment door.
I use the PTZ camera as i cant always park in the same spot, so i can reframe on where my car are parked ( Pan / Tilt Zoom )
Also the back yard are pitch black so no dashcam would work there.

(Fyi, I have small cameras pointing on the area I usually park in they are great during the day but leave a lot to be desired at night.
Give them some extra light overnight so that "they are great" day and night.

If they are IR cameras then use IR lamps so that it is not obvious, you can either use a focused spotlight from a distance, or put some IR lamps in the car powered by a battery pack overnight so that anyone walking up to the car has their face illuminated by invisible IR. You wont want to mess with battery packs long term, but if it is happening frequently then maybe it is worth it until you catch the evidence required.

If they are keying your car at night then that must mean it is dark around the car. Cheapest solution is motion activated flood lights.

Back