Can anyone recommend DashCam that can be monitored in real time remotely?

Jeff Doe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I've been researching DashCam's that I can use my phone or any device to remotely view my truck in real time.
I have a MIFI hotspot in my truck so I just need some type of dash cam that can connect to it and provide some way to view it remotely.

I've been thinking about using an app and old phone as a dash cam which would be connected to the MIFI or I am willing to buy a good dash cam that can possibly do this?

I see LyfeLens will have 4G LTE built into it but there is also another 20 bucks they are looking to tack on each month.

My MIFI is using FreedomPop's free 500mb per month and the MIFI easily gets 15 hours on a single charge, it will then charge when I am driving the car.

the cloud functionality that Blackvue introduced is meant to do what you want, that said a lot of people haven't been too happy with the update so I'm not sure if it's really worth it

the cloud functionality that Blackvue introduced is meant to do what you want, that said a lot of people haven't been too happy with the update so I'm not sure if it's really worth it

Thanks for the info, I've also been reading about a Android app called Autoboy that can stream live from Youtube, seems like a great choice but have not figured out how to see the video. Youtube offers beta of live streaming but I don't think this application is that updated that it would leverage Youtube's live video streaming.

I'm going to take a closer look at Blackvue, do you recall any particular model

Back