Can B1W be used with an Ipad mini ?

I am not all that crazy about Apple in the first place. Mine was given to me as a gift and isn't good for much. Nor do I really want to invest in yet another device like an Android I will otherwise never use.

So, what about some Windows application software support that will at least let me configure the B1W ?

Or- are there alternative generic Ipad iOS 9.3.5 apps that I could adapt this to? Or do I just pack it all up and send it in for a refund to the ebay seller and take the hit on postage and restocking fee for my trouble and look for something else?

There should be something I can do with this. My B1W transmits on wifi. There must be some application software that can access the wifi signal, do the handshake and give me some kind of access to this device, no ?
What is your APP version in your iPad mini? You can get its APP version info in the "About" section!

Furthering that thread:
"what you are saying is the only support for the B1W is through either a current iphone or an Android"

Response:
Yes, this camera has no screen, you only can access its setting by iPhone APP or Android APP!

I might have to abandon this and go for a refund.

What is your APP version in your iPad mini? You can get its APP version info in the "About" section!

App Version is 1.7.4

When I launch it sees the wifi connection as "B1W_58b3fc447195", the upon clicking to connect it says "Connecting", then "Getting Equipment Information". then the wheel looking thing indicating it is loading spins indefinitely.

Go figure.

I am wondering if there is an Android emulator app I can install to access the B1W on my Windows pc ...

Last edited:
App Version is 1.7.4
You can give it a try newest APP 1.7.9 to see if it can work or not, just wait for 1 day more for APP Store approval!

I am abandoning further attempts and will return this to ebay seller. I have been offered a DDPai mini2P to test.

I am abandoning further attempts and will return this to ebay seller
That is ok to return, and you can contact ebay seller for help!

Unbelievable... Amazon, in spite of my requesting they deliver my package to the rental office, instead they left the DPAI Mini2p I ordered to replace the B1W it on my doormat and took a picture of it. Guess what. It too was stolen. I have just finished talking to Amazon who is going to refund me, again via gift card (so I won't tie up money in my bank account again). Presently waiting for that to go through so I can re-order. Also waiting for a call back from the police so I can file a report with them.

So now the thieves have my camera. Ironic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C B1W 1
Geordie B1W 8
Back