Can CellLink B do this?

TexasSpartan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2CH
I'm looking to power both the 900s and my Verizon hotspot via the CellLink B battery that is in my trunk. Is this possible?

It won't power the hotspot, no way to connect it.
Well, maybe it would work if you plugged a cigarette splitter into it.. then connect your hotspot to a car charger.

The B-112 might work better for you, it has a couple 5v USB ports you could use to plug in your hotspot.

Can the B-112 be hardwired? I've got the CellLink in the trunk out of the way (my battery and fuse box are both in the trunk).

Well, BlackVue doesn't say they support hardwiring... but BBMC suggests you could purchase a Cigarette Socket Hardwire Kit that would work with the B-112.
So in theory, yeah. I haven't seen any evidence of someone actually doing it though, so take that with a grain of salt.

If you already have the cellink installed; it may be better to get a portable power bank dedicated to your hotspot.
Next step would be ensuring the combo keeps your hotspot on (some hotspots turn off/go into sleep mode due to inactivity, may want to take a look at your settings if you haven't already).

Back