Can Dashcam Viewer Export something other .MOV file ?

Coyote 5.0

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My files are MP4
For viewing the software works great.
But i would like to export clips WITHOUT encoding. ( i exported a 5 min video & my Alienware Laptop cpu went to MAX for almost 10 mins, not good )
Can it be done with Dashcam Viewer ?

I have been using VideoRedo for a long time, it works great for cutting & joining a clip without encoding.
However its not smart like Dashcam Viewer, as far as overlaying a rear camera view, stringing clips together, nor can it show all the geo stuff etc..

Basically looking for some Dashcam software which can overlay the rear cam, edit, trim , join then Export without encoding.

I hope someone knows of such a program.

I'm new to the dashcam world, but now have a Viofo 129 Duo in my Accord & a Thinkware U1000 in the Truck.

Thanks and Cheers

The overlay is going to be technically impossible without encoding the result, so the answer will be no.
Maybe try a little patience, and a coffee break, you don't have to sit and watch the progress :coffee:

Good point, i should have realized the overlay needs encoding.
I just didnt like how it taxed my cpu and fan so badly.
I encode other types of video files up to 2 hrs , even 4k and i still had resources left over & temps dont get even close to what happened with the 5 min 1080p dashcam encode, hmmm.

It is not just the overlaying, but also the scaling of the 2nd channel before overlay. It is dealing with two video streams at once, so plenty of processing to do, and obviously if you give it a fast CPU then it should fully utilize it, including using multi-threading for dual/quad CPUs. If your other encoders aren't using the full power available then maybe they are not such good software!

If you don't want heat and fan noise, use a less powerful computer ;)

@Coyote 5.0 Hi :),

Stitching multiple videos from single & multi-channel dash cams is one of the use cases we are looking into introducing this summer for Dash, the online dash cam video management platform we are building. I'd be interested in learning more about your use cases too - happy to send you a PM if that's OK with you.

We will ping you once we have the first version of this feature out.

Stay safe,
Ed.

@Coyote 5.0 Hi :),

Stitching multiple videos from single & multi-channel dash cams is one of the use cases we are looking into introducing this summer for Dash, the online dash cam video management platform we are building. I'd be interested in learning more about your use cases too - happy to send you a PM if that's OK with you.

We will ping you once we have the first version of this feature out.

Stay safe,
Ed.

I hope that entail synchronizing the 2 videos too, it can be a issue if videos are not from same camera, some software do this just fine assuming the use a Sound spike or something to sync multi-cam recordings.
Something i run into every time i want to add footage from one of my side cameras.

Last edited:
I hope that entail synchronizing the 2 videos too, it can be a issue if videos are not from same camera, some software do this just fine assuming the use a Sound spike or something to sync multi-cam recordings.
Something i run into every time i want to add footage from one of my side cameras.

By synchronising you mean making sure that the aspect ratios across the 2 videos are the same for instance? That's a very good point. Also how do you suggest we synchronise the sound?

No i mean the time of 2 different video devises, i use the SG9663DC for front and rear footage, but my side system are the K2S and they dont boot and start recording in the same time.
So one of them are off by a few seconds which i then have to adjust for using conventional video editing software.

I should once and for all just determine what the lag are, but i have not done that yet, so every time i use footage from my side cameras i have to manually adjust to make it look like the 2 cameras are in sync.

say if you have a car coming from behind and pass you, you do not want to have it disappear from view on the rear camera, then change to the side camera to have it appear there, to me that feel like using 2 consecutive files from a dashcam with a 1 second overlap, and not remove the overlap, even if it is 2 different camera angles.

If you leave the audio on 2 tracks that are not in sync, you will get a weird sounding sequence

If you leave the audio on 2 tracks that are not in sync, you will get a weird sounding sequence
Normally it is best to use only 1 audio track in the final video, and to be able to choose which because some cameras are much better than others for audio, but if the video is properly synchronised then it can be very good to have the stereo left track from the front camera and the stereo right track from the rear camera. Unless you have a stereo dashcam of course! I don't know of any currently on sale, but that doesn't mean there won't be one soon...

Yes that's also what i do, normally the DC are the master sound track.
simply more easy to deal with, but i do keep sound on all tracks as it is a good indicator as to when i have moved things around and how good in sync it is,,,, then i delete the surplus sound track.

I really should use that auto sync thing, but my YT uploads i just quickly whip up so i keep forgetting to learn it and use it,,,, even if doing it manual probably take a lot longer and are a lot more aggravating.

Back