Can GPS Speed limit Alarms be silenced on the fly in 750S 2 CHNL ?

Albee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
My 750S 2CHNL is great !!... The GPS allows you to set audible alarms (beeps) when exceeding set speed limits. I use the feature a lot as a reminder when driving within the city... Unfortunately these alarms continue for some period even after slowing below the speed limit, which can be an annoyance..... There are also times when its necessary to exceed the city speed limit when driving outside the city on highways etc...
It would be very helpful if 1) Alarms could be easily disabled (on the fly) when moving to faster speed limit areas - or - 2 ) Alarms would automatically cease if the speed of the vehicle remains above the set speed limit for more than 10 secs. or so. Or maybe there is another way of getting around this . Any help appreciated . :)

Hey Albee,

Glad your enjoying your DR750S so far!
There's not much customization you can do with the speed alerts, you can modify the speed limit for when they start going off so you could set it higher (up to 300 km/h / 200 mph) for your out of city driving but then you wouldn't get alerts if you exceed the city speed limits.
Or you can turn the speed alert beeps off completely within the system settings.

Personally I have the alerts turned off and rely on my own conscious effort to maintain speed limits while having the speed I'm going recorded on the video, in case of an event where it might be needed.

Hope that helps!

Another suggestion could be to make only one sound, but a particular one, when you pass over the specified speed limit from a lower speed to a higher speed.
e.g.: If I put the speed limit to 100km/h. When I increase the speed from 95 to 105, I will hear a: beep-beep-beep [or any sound different to the classical "beeeeeeep" ] and that's all; without continuing the alert while I'm driving with 105 or more. Also if I decrease from 105 to 95, no sound will be created.

Hey Albee,

Glad your enjoying your DR750S so far!
There's not much customization you can do with the speed alerts, you can modify the speed limit for when they start going off so you could set it higher (up to 300 km/h / 200 mph) for your out of city driving but then you wouldn't get alerts if you exceed the city speed limits.
Or you can turn the speed alert beeps off completely within the system settings.

Personally I have the alerts turned off and rely on my own conscious effort to maintain speed limits while having the speed I'm going recorded on the video, in case of an event where it might be needed.

Hope that helps!

Thanks DashOto....
Also had this grand idea that future software upgrades could possibly disable alarms by a wave of a hand by the main unit ( Similar to the available on/off auto voice recording feature) . Guess for now I'll just disable notifications as suggested. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Another suggestion could be to make only one sound, but a particular one, when you pass over the specified speed limit from a lower speed to a higher speed.
e.g.: If I put the speed limit to 100km/h. When I increase the speed from 95 to 105, I will hear a: beep-beep-beep [or any sound different to the classical "beeeeeeep" ] and that's all; without continuing the alert while I'm driving with 105 or more. Also if I decrease from 105 to 95, no sound will be created.

Not a bad Idea Adi Nistor ....
Your suggestion for the considerations of Pitasoft engineers :) Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 3
C DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back