Can I eject the camera from the adhesive mount?

jfsoto1988

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F50, Thinkware F200, Thinkware FA200.
I covered the white light on my SpyTec G1W-C with black electrical tape to make it more discreet.

I don't want to damage anything if I take it apart & spray paint it black. I also don't want to unscrew the ball joint, as I heard they are difficult to screw back.

Is it hard to eject the camera from these adhesive mounts? It doesn't have a tab. I don't want to pull too hard or the wrong way & break it.

The reason is, if I buy a Viofo G1W-S, I might switch the SpyTec G1W-C to be a rear windshield camera on my sedan.

$_58.JPG

Is it hard to eject the camera from these adhesive mounts? It doesn't have a tab. I don't want to pull too hard or the wrong way & break it.
As long as you pull straight out you will be okay. I accidentally twisted it a little as I was pulling it out and cracked the casing open.
You can also swap different mounts if need be. There is the one pictured, A rear view mirror bracket one, and a suction cup one.

You might also want to consider pealing the 3m pad off the mount and applying 3m dual lock tape so that way you can still take the entire mount on and off the windscreen.

Just side it off the "T" slot carefully and be glad it's not loose as many cheap mounts are :rolleyes: I use one hand to stabilize the mount, then with the other hand grasp the cam (keep clear of the lens) with a thumb on the end of the case to push sideways with. It should pop off cleanly with everything under control ;)

Phil

Back