Can I install sticker mount to the rain sensor area?

rockerao

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hi guys, I want to install A118c dash cam with the sticker mount, and it looks the best right under the rain sensor area. However, i am not sure if the sticker mount wouldnt harm the area, when uninstalled. I already know, that it is fine to install it on dotted area, but this is a bit different - it is a fully covered area and i am not sure if it works the same way like the dots. I have attached photos for illustration (on the second photo there is a hole in that area, but please note that there is no such hole in my car!). Can someone help me with this?

Attachments

• windshield1.jpg
    windshield1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 44
  • windshield2.jpg
    windshield2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
The sensor area is visible from the outside of the glass and on any car I've seen or owned with automatic wipers, there was no way to block the sensor area from within the car. So if you're asking can you stick the mount next to the housing area inside the vehicle, sure, why not. Think about how the system works, it senses rain drops on the outside of the glass. If you look, you can see the area dedicated for this purpose. Mounting a cam on the inside of the glass cannot block that area as it is a dedicated area protected by the housing. Or at least any one I've seen has always been like that.

I know it will not affect the sensor itself. I am more concerned about that "coating" under the sensor (in red circle - similar to "dots" but fully covering small part of windshield) and whether it wouldnt be damaged when i remove the sticker mount.

DT MI I would like to install it like that, but unfortunately, the black coating continues cca 10cm under the sensor cover. If i would install it like you, the camera will point straight into black coating, thus blocking the view, i will see nothing...

Back