Can I replace the battery with 3 AAAs?

BobSagget

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sorry if this is a silly question. I don't know much about batteries.

The battery inside is a 3.7v li-po battery, correct?
Could I remove the battery and solder in a 3 AAA battery pack and use 3 1.25v 900mah rechargeable Ni-MH eneloops? Thus giving the camera a lot more juice to run on it's own for a while.

Is this possible?

Again, I don't know squat about batteries or the necessary voltage, so go easy on me.

would never fit internally obviously but likely the camera would not produce enough current to charge them either

Oh ya I had another question.

Does anyone know what the largest size li-po battery will fit in the G1W case? Can a 1000mah li-po fit or is it too big?

No real reason. The battery in them doesn't last very long, but it's always connected to the car so it's a non-issue. I was just curious if/when my battery dies what my options are for replacement.

3.7v 650mah seems to be only $1.43 on ebay. Not bad.

No real reason. The battery in them doesn't last very long, but it's always connected to the car so it's a non-issue. I was just curious if/when my battery dies what my options are for replacement.

3.7v 650mah seems to be only $1.43 on ebay. Not bad.

You should try buying a battery pack and using it like a UPS. The setup will be a lot cleaner and your runtime will be a lot better than modding the battery in your camera.

I've got my gw1 setup wired in using a anker 13000mah battery pack which has 2 usb ports and i leave it running 24/7 its a shame the anker battery pack does not support pass through charging tho so i cant charge it with the cameras connected as they turn off when im charging the battery pack. ill take some pics later ive also ordered the capacitors as the battery in one of mine is playing up from new the unit runs flat even though its on charge and keeps turning on and off untill i charge it while it is off. The battery also fully charges in less than 5 mins so something is up there, ill just change them both. its not worth sending them back to china.

Back