Can I Use 129 Duo Rear Cable and Rear Camera with 129 Pro?

CaptnEric

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 DUO, Thinkware F770 1CH & 2CH
Hi folks, before I go buy the 129 Duo Pro I want to know if anyone has used their existing 129 Duo rear cable and 129 Duo camera with the 129 Pro front camera?
If you have, did it work or has it caused issues?
Is the Pro cable and rear camera the same as the 129 Duo?

Thank you to all in advance!

Yes, it will work fine, you can even use the IR camera from the A129 IR.

Not sure if rear camera and cable are identical to the original, there may have been some improvements/modifications, and there are versions about with IR lamps and that can rotate to look towards the front of the car, but I do think that currently supplied A129 and A129 Pro cameras share the same rear camera and cable and they are all compatible on the communications.

Do note that the A129 Pro does get warmer than the A129, it is not a good choice for parking mode in an Australian summer unless you don't mind it shutting down over midday. It has a much more detailed image though.

Thanks @Nigel , I appreciate your quick and thorough replies!

That's awesome to know! I rather just buy the front Pro cam to save a bit of money and not go through the hassles of rewiring. I will connect it with my existing setup and if I face any issues, worst case scenario, I'll just install the Pro rear cam cable.

Yeah I have read a few threads about the heating issue, I'll see how I go. But our last summer was quite mild compared to previous years. I live in Melbourne and we don't have as many hot days over 40c compared to the rest of Australia

You will have to change the GPS mount if you want to record GPS data.

You will have to change the GPS mount if you want to record GPS data.

Oh ok, didn't think about that! Thanks for that advice mate. I'll order that too :)

@Nigel Are you sure about that? I put my A129 Pro on my A129 Duo GPS mount and its picking up gps data just fine. (Not sure if being in the US matters for this).

@Nigel Are you sure about that? I put my A129 Pro on my A129 Duo GPS mount and its picking up gps data just fine. (Not sure if being in the US matters for this).
Depends on which version of the mount you have, the original version will not talk GPS with the A129 Pro, but since there is no easy way to tell which version you have, the best advice is to buy the new camera with GPS. (Then you have a spare mount for a 2nd car, or for use with a suction cup mount for hire cars.)

Back