Can i use moonroof as constant power and empty fuse?

Porioti

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2015 accord lx.
7HNlR1N.jpg

Can i use for constant power only the 5v fuse that comes with the viofo add on fuse tap in the empty moonroof slot? I don't have a moonroof

Where do i connect the switch/accessory cable? I have a fuse at the top that says accessory, it,'s empty but when car is off it still gives a reading.
Where should i connect this switch/accessory cable? I have an empty fuse with no marking 3rd from far right on 13, but i read that may not be a good idea.

Also, does it matter in which way i connect them, i read something about powerdraw, and that one end of fuse is a and the other b? Which way should the cable go when i connect the addon fuse to the left or the right?

Thanks a lot.

Good judgement comes from bad experience.

I once tied a dashcam into the dome light ground. Then found the car used both the "hot" and "ground" to operate the light.

I suggest going back to the fuse box with an add a fuse kit and connect to a shared ground.

Or, as I just did, get a kit that plugs into the OBD2 connector. The time saved is much more valuable than the cost.

What do you mean by shared ground? A fuse slot that is already occupied? I was thinking to do that so there are two fuses for extra protection.

Thinking of using lumbar support which i dont have, but the fuse is already in there by default and maybe the rear socket acc.

Back