can I watch videos on the camera's screen 522gw directly without using the iphone and mobile app?

raywray

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seeing as how I have found that the iPhone app is slow and not very reliable, I am wondering if it is really necessary if all I want to do is to select the most recent vid and just watch it on the camera's screen ? I'm thinking that after an accident, I want the fastest, most reliable way to show the responding officer what just happened without waiting on slow apps to connect and download a file to my phone. There must be a way to do that. The camera screen is a very good resolution, so for a first view of what happened, this may be all I need. but I would need to be able to o it quickly.

Of course you can, playback mode is covered in the operating manual around page 30 - 34 ish. I would suggest read the manual and try, before you have an issue so that you are familiar with the workings of your dashcam.

ok, I read the manual, but I did not see some of the info that I need
how do I get the camera o play the most recent video? There are too many videos on the card to easily identify just the most recent, especiall since it seems you don't use the time and date stamp of the file. I rtfm'd but could not find that little gem of information. Remember that I am trying to do all of this using just the camera, not a pc. and of course, I want to play that most recent clip, with both the front and rear camera, views synchronized. I would venture to guess that this exact task is what most of us most wish we could do with our camera after an accident. Once I learn how to do this, would the playback be presented in a picture-in-picture format much as we see it in record mode?

No, when you playback on the small screen or on a pc for that matter, you will see only the front camera view or the rear camera view, on anyone recorded clip, be that 1-2 or 3 minutes.

To playback the last recorded clip.
Ensure the camera is not recording but turned on, you will see a triangle in the top right corner of screen. Press and it will take you playback. Press the centre image to see last recorded forward facing clip.
To play the last rear facing recorded clip, press the forward arrow (4from left) on bottom of screen.

Back