Can mobile Hotspot be connected to a Blackvue B124X and Dashcam Simultaneously

Drbwell

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750S-2CH
Is there a way to connect my Blackvue B124X to my Dashcam and Wi-Fi Hotspot simultaneously? I'm using T-Mobile, but haven't ordered the Wi-Fi Hotspot as of yet.

Yep. That's the setup I run. It's easier to get a CM100LTE and generally works better, but I use a separate dedicated hotspot because I run two Blackvue's and you can't get one dashcam to connect to the internet through the other. (It's an unwritten limitation due to bandwidth limitations. You can connect other devices to your Blackvue's hotspot like phones and radar detectors, but not another Blackvue dashcam...)

In any event, I use an OBD II dongle from TMobile, the SyncUp Drive 2, and a USB to OBD adapter to hook it up to my battery pack. The cable can make the internet connection kinda flaky so this isn't a perfect solution, but overall it works pretty well.

Here's a video on the topic:

Hey Vortex, we've spoken in the past. I'm a subscriber to your YouTube page and watch many your videos as I did the one you just posted. I'm running the DR750S-2CH so the CM100LTE won't work with my cam. I was thinking of getting the USB version (Alcatel Linkzone 2) from T-Mobile. This way I won't need to buy the adapter you mentioned in the video. T-Mobile Hot Spot

Last edited:
Hey Vortex I haven't seen your videos but I will start to watch them.

I have the 770X and am using the T-mobile SyncUpDrive do you know of a way to assign the 770X a static IP? My software version is 1.8.9 (182374) proc-insider-reelease?

Also is there a way to have the 770X use the SyncUpDrive when I am on the road and connect to my house WiFi at home so I can remotely pull the video? I seem to be limited to one wifi network in the BlackVue software.

Back