Can not change the firmware to wifi-off by default (B1W). Help needed

kamb

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello @estore009 - I've bought the B1W camera from you recently.
This is my third camera (all the same B1W models, all bought form your account) - and for the first time I encounter the problem with changing the firmware to wifi off by default.
I have tried many times to change the firmware to the wifi off (using both files - from the forum and blueskysea webpage). After tuning on the camera with sd card (and firmware in the root card dir) nothing happens - just the voice message "insert sd card".

Could you help with that issue?
Regards,
Michal

It seems that this camera cannot read your card. Change to a new card or format your card as FAT32!

Hi, thank you @estore009 for your reply.
I have used 3 different sd cards (all formated to FAT32), it doesn't work with all of them. And if I put any of these sd card to camera and use the camera in the car - camera works fine (recording videos normally). Any other advice?

Hi, thank you @estore009 for your reply.
I have used 3 different sd cards (all formated to FAT32), it doesn't work with all of them. And if I put any of these sd card to camera and use the camera in the car - camera works fine (recording videos normally). Any other advice?
Have you got a really small card to try, 32GB or less?
And did you format them in the camera using the app?

Not sure if these suggestions will help, but worth a try...

Also, what is the exact name of the file you are putting on the SD card?

Hi @Nigel , thanks for replying. I have tried 16, 32 GB cards, formated to FAT under Windows (7), and camera, too.
The file was: 20180528s wifi default off.

Ok, so which one should I download and put on the sd card, to have wifi off by default?

After tuning on the camera with sd card (and firmware in the root card dir) nothing happens - just the voice message "insert sd card".

And if I put any of these sd card to camera and use the camera in the car - camera works fine (recording videos normally). Any other advice?

Which of these is correct? When you turn the camera on with a good SD card in it, is it "recording videos normally" or is it "nothing happens"?

You can know that you have a good SD card if you use one that is working in your other B1W cameras.

@Nigel : Works normally, recording videos - it is correct. However, the wifi is always on. By default. And I absolutely do not want that. That's why I need to change the firmware.
By the way - @estore009 - is there any easier and more user friendly way to manage the wifi settings than changing the firmware? Maybe it could just be the part of the settings accessible from the app in the smartphone. Would be so much easier.

Ok, so which one should I download and put on the sd card, to have wifi off by default?
I can't remember what the firmware is called, but for the "default_cfg.bin" file to work, I think you also need to install a firmware update if you have an original firmware. You can check what the current firmware is by checking the app, then estore009 should be able to tell you if it supports use of the default_cfg.bin file...

I'm surprised that you didn't get a firmware.bin file with the default_cfg.bin file.

default_cfg.bin
This is the wrong firmware file name, where did you get it from?
Correct name: cardvr_img.bin
default_cfg.bin is the right firmware name for WiFi-Default-On/Off configuration;
Anyway, you can give it a try with a phone USB wall charger to power on the dashcam! No plug it into your computer USB socket for power!

default_cfg.bin is the right firmware name for WiFi-Default-On/Off configuration;
Anyway, you can give it a try with a phone USB wall charger to power on the dashcam! No plug it into your computer USB socket for power!
wouldn't the file need to be renamed though?

WiFi-default-off download link!
That is obviously not a firmware, it is only 512 bytes in size. It is a file to set the configuration, hence the name. I can see the default password in it.

I'm sure when I first had one of them to install, I first had to install a proper firmware update "cardvr_img.bin" before default_cfg.bin would work...

Last edited:
Back