Can not read all files on ADATA 128GB

silverpath

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought this card and formatted in the A119 before used. There was no error at start up and all files seemed to be recorded fine. However, I can not play back any of them, using Windows Media, Quick time, VLC, iTune you name it.

The error from Quicktime is
QuickTime Player can't open "2016_1022_050727_169.MP4".
To see if additional software is available that will enable QuickTime Player to open the movie, click Tell Me More.

From More Info, it looks like no decode was appended it to the file?

Is this device compatible with ADATA 128GB card?

It was working with the older Adata 8GB card previously.

Files were recorded as MP4

Can you play those files on the camera?

No it can't. It displayed "Picture Error" on all of them. Even the newest file I just created a few min ago. The file creation seems to be fine and it loop every 3 min (around 458 MB)

Might want to make sure the card is formatted to Fat32. Also, what firmware version are you on?

I think I have the latest firmware.
I don't think you can do Fat32 with 128GB. It only show ExFat as default.

I tried it on multiple windows boxes with different OS and a few Mac Pro. Nothing could open these files. Under the info tab for the file, the codec is blank.

Since nothing could open these, I formatted in the Mac with Fat and it works now. I could replay the files on the device and the laptop.

It was strange that it could write the files but it seems like it didn't close it properly.

Back