Can Registrator Viewer remove the overlap for seamless grouping of videos?

Spinball

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius & Panorama II S
It does a great job of recognising which videos it should group, but there is a fraction of a second repeated at each join when the videos are grouped together.
It appears that there is an integer for the frame number and if that's correct, then it should be possible to join the videos together perfectly seamlessly. I haven't found a way to do this in the software.
Has anyone done this? Is it possible?
Thanks.

It does a great job of recognising which videos it should group, but there is a fraction of a second repeated at each join when the videos are grouped together.
It appears that there is an integer for the frame number and if that's correct, then it should be possible to join the videos together perfectly seamlessly. I haven't found a way to do this in the software.
Has anyone done this? Is it possible?
Thanks.
In the past RV could joing and cut 1 sec overlap, but for some reason it doesnt do it at the moment. I tested all versions from 5.0 - 5.8
There was an instruction on forum how to change RV code for everlap cut, but I can not find it now.

Click save whole group - double click each video in cutting window - trim start or finish time to suit in cutting edit window

Made the regedit, followed the example and set it to 1050ms and saved whole group and it's seamless. Fantastic, thank you. I'd use the Xenforo thumbs up smiley, but admin have chosen not to use it :)

Follow up question if you don't mind @jokiin - Registrator Viewer doesn't appear to include the arrow marker in the KML when saving or opening it in Google Earth.
This is essential for me as it's the only indicator of exactly where we are on the map.
I'm assuming it's not an option I'm missing.
I understand the author of Registrator Viewer is open to suggestions. Might he add this feature if asked in the right way by the right people?

he's very open to suggestions although I'm not sure he could have any control over how it displays in Google Earth, don't know enough about that to be sure though, email is his preferred contact method, contact details are here http://www.registratorviewer.com/author_en.html
I'm going to be optimistic and suggest he includes it. I don't think it's a trivial change because (I think) the arrow direction (in degrees) has to be specified at each change. But he's done it for the in-app display, so I'm sure he knows what's needed.

On second thoughts, it doesn't need an arrow. Just a dot or a circle will do. Should be a relatively trivial matter.

Made the regedit, followed the example and set it to 1050ms and saved whole group and it's seamless. Fantastic, thank you. I'd use the Xenforo thumbs up smiley, but admin have chosen not to use it :)
Correction. Adobe Premier *does not like* the saved file. It's reported as being an unsupported format or damaged file.
The Registrator Viewer repair damaged file function does not work on the file.
What next?

Thank you for starting this thread, otherwise I wouldn't find out about this feature. I tried it and the saved files are ok for VLC player and AVS editor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skynet Mobius 7
G Mobius 6
Back