Can Text be deleted on Viofo A129

dieseldog

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi all,I am wondering if there is a way to delete the GPS text on a recorded file within the Viofo A129.This may be covered here, but I did a search and came up with nothing.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.Cheers

You should be able to get rid of this in the smartphone app by going to "GPS Info Stamp".

If you mean to get rid of this for previously recorded files, you can't. You'd have to use a video editor and block this out manually.

Thks for the quick reply,yeah i have a recorded file that i would like to either delete the kp/h or delete all the GPS info on the particular file.Im not that savvy with video editing,but will find one and experiment,any recommendations for one that suits a Viofo A129 ? once again thanks.

I believe the free version of VSDC will let you do this. It has a crop feature that would easily let you cut the area of text on the bottom.

Awesome thanks for the tip, will give it a try

Thks for the quick reply,yeah i have a recorded file that i would like to either delete the kp/h or delete all the GPS info on the particular file.Im not that savvy with video editing,but will find one and experiment,any recommendations for one that suits a Viofo A129 ? once again thanks.

Driving a bit quick or somewhere you shouldn’t have been [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha you guessed it.... but in a area that didn’t have any posted speed limits,so i just guessed what I thought the speed should be..as it was in a semi-rural area,I presumed it would be 70-80 kp/h,but it turned out to be 50 kp/h zone and I was doing 75 kp/h (one of those "Revenue gathering Roads") but just my luck a cop got me, so i got the ticket in the post and it “Stated that i was speeding in a "Posted Speed Limit Zone” but there were no posted speed limit signs up or anything indicating the speed limit and I have this on my Dash Cam to prove it.So i’m going to fight it,so as not to complicate things I just wanted to remove the kp/h on the file....which i have done,but kept the date and time stamp,it’s worth my while to fight it cause it is a $170 fine and 35 demerit points.....and as I'm a Heavy Transport Operator I need my Demerit points.

Last edited:
I believe the free version of VSDC will let you do this. It has a crop feature that would easily let you cut the area of text on the bottom.
Andy for some reason VSDC kept crashing on my Mac,found what I thought was the Mac version ,but maybe it wasn't ?? Found a really neat little Video Editor called "VideoProc",this was perfect for what I wanted,they have a free limited version which I used,but will end up buying it which gives me a Lifetime on my Mac.($42 US) More than likely better ones out there,but perfect for newbies like me....Cheers

Andy for some reason VSDC kept crashing on my Mac,found what I thought was the Mac version ,but maybe it wasn't ?? Found a really neat little Video Editor called "VideoProc",this was perfect for what I wanted,they have a free limited version which I used,but will end up buying it which gives me a Lifetime on my Mac.($42 US) More than likely better ones out there,but perfect for newbies like me....Cheers
Cool glad you found a solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A129 / 129 Duo 19
Back