Can the iOS app be updated to support iOS 13 and above?

Xybone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ever since the iOS 13 update was released, the app has an issue where if you try to save a video to your device, it’ll appear in the camera roll with perfectly fine audio, but the video will freeze and skip every few seconds. It makes the video unusable, and I end up having to use an old Android phone to pull the video off the device.

Can this be fixed? It’s been over a year since this bug was introduced, and it’s never been fixed, despite numerous emails and reviews left on the app’s listing in the App Store. If this is the level of support BlueSkySea has (dropping device support after one year), I don’t think I’ll feel comfortable buying another product from them, since there’s no guarantee it’ll be usable in a year or two.

Did you notice that there is a newer firmware available on our website?

Did you notice that there is a newer firmware available on our website?
Does the app not pull the update from the servers, and upload it to the device to upgrade automatically?

Sorry, I should explain it more clear!
I refer to there is a newer firmware for the dashcam unit.
You can load this newer firmware ( B1W V20200707 Firmware(solved iPhone Choppy Playback) to solve it!

Sorry, I should explain it more clear!
I refer to there is a newer firmware for the dashcam unit.
You can load this newer firmware ( B1W V20200707 Firmware(solved iPhone Choppy Playback) to solve it!
Thanks, but I feel like users should be notified there is an update to the firmware - maybe via the app or App Store changelog.

Are there instructions on how to install it?

How to load new firmware to camera by Windows computer?

1. Format the SD card in FAT32 format (If 32GB card you use, please format as FAT32 by Windows computer; if 64GB card, please use this GuiFormat tool to format as FAT32 by Windows computer).

2. Copy the bin files over to the root directory of the SD card and put the card into the camera.

3. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.

4. Take out the SD card and reformat it as FAT32.

5. Place the SD card back into the camera.

6. Check the firmware version using the app on your smartphone.

How to load new firmware to camera by Windows computer?

1. Format the SD card in FAT32 format (If 32GB card you use, please format as FAT32 by Windows computer; if 64GB card, please use this GuiFormat tool to format as FAT32 by Windows computer).

2. Copy the bin files over to the root directory of the SD card and put the card into the camera.

3. Power on the camera and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera.

4. Take out the SD card and reformat it as FAT32.

5. Place the SD card back into the camera.

6. Check the firmware version using the app on your smartphone.
Nope, didn’t work. Formatted a 1 GB SD card to FAT32, loaded the .bin file onto it, put it in the device, and it just kept repeating “SD card not found”. Then while I was trying to take it out, the combination of the horrible choice of power plug location, along with the spring loaded slot caused the card to fly out at Mach-1, into the abyss that is the car.

This is an incredibly frustrating experience for something that should be as simple as pressing a button in the app. Not sure why the process has to be so convoluted and difficult. I just want a device I paid for to work properly.

Also tried with a 64GB card formatted to FAT32. This time it’s detected, but the camera ignores the file and just starts recording. I don’t understand, am I missing something? Nowhere in the website or instructions does it specific what type of SD card I need, do I need to force it into an update mode somehow? Or does it need to be named something specific? Because i’m just using the default name from the Google Drive download.

Just tell me the dash camera firmware version, please! You can find its firmware version in the APP menu after WiFi connection with your iPhone!

Just tell me the dash camera firmware version, please! You can find its firmware version in the APP menu after WiFi connection with your iPhone!

Just caved and picked up a 32GB SD card from Best Buy. Cost me $30 and I have to find time to return it, but I finally got the firmware on the device updated.

And the exact issue is still present, even after a successful update. Videos downloaded from the app to my iPhone is still choppy. The camera’s FW version is currently 200707.

And the exact issue is still present, even after a successful update. Videos downloaded from the app to my iPhone is still choppy. The camera’s FW version is currently 200707.
download first and then play the files is choppy, or playing direct from the camera is choppy?

download first and then play the files is choppy, or playing direct from the camera is choppy?
Downloading the video from the camera to my iPhone using the app causes the video to be choppy. Here’s a video I downloaded on the 200707 FW: https://streamable.com/qxdmvv

Streaming video from the camera is also choppy, but i think that’s because it has to buffer, so i’m not too worried about that. But streaming a video is much less choppy than downloading the video.

Downloading the video from the camera to my iPhone using the app causes the video to be choppy. Here’s a video I downloaded on the 200707 FW: https://streamable.com/qxdmvv

Streaming video from the camera is also choppy, but i think that’s because it has to buffer, so i’m not too worried about that. But streaming a video is much less choppy than downloading the video.
what app are you using on the phone for playback of the file and do you get a different result using a different player?

if the problem is in the file would need to see a file downloaded via the app and a file copied directly from the card and then compare them, need to see raw files though, streamable is no good for file comparison

what app are you using on the phone for playback of the file and do you get a different result using a different player?

if the problem is in the file would need to see a file downloaded via the app and a file copied directly from the card and then compare them, need to see raw files though, streamable is no good for file comparison
I’m using the B1W-CarDVR app, using the default iOS Photos app to view downloaded videos. Can’t check using a different player, as my computer is busted atm. I can PM the raw file to them if needed.

I'd suggest getting a file that has been downloaded via the app, and the same file copied directly from the memory card to computer and upload those two files to a file host so you can share the files for inspection

I’m using the B1W-CarDVR app, using the default iOS Photos app to view downloaded videos. Can’t check using a different player, as my computer is busted atm. I can PM the raw file to them if needed.
We have confirmed this newer firmware solved this choppy playback problem with iPhone!
Anyway, you can PM me the video file for double-checking, thanks!

Back