Can two Cellink Neo 6's Be Connected Together?

catchthecarp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro / Cellink Neo
I now have an extra Cellink Neo 6 and want to add it as expansion battery to the Neo 6 powering my TW F800 pro. Can it be done? If so are there any pitfalls or issues in doing this?

I've been informed the answer is No, you have to buy an expansion pack.

I've been informed the answer is No, you have to buy an expansion pack.
No? I was just informed that old firmware may be an issue. Here is a partial copy and paste I found online.
" You can check the firmware via the smartphone app when your Cellink NEO is connected via Bluetooth. Please see our screenshots tab for more info.
If your firmware version, seen on the lower right-hand corner of the app, is F146 or older (i.e. a number is "146" or below), you are screwed."

If your Firmware is updated enough, test the expansion ports for voltage with the units disconnected from power.

Last edited:
I emailed support at BBMC which is where I bought it from and they replied back that it wasn't possible, they recommended an expansion pack. I will check the firmware, both devices are fairly new. Thanks for the info!

These are details on the firmware of the 2 Neo 6 batts I have:

The spare Neo 6 is at FW level F118.
The Neo 6 currently hardwired to my car is at FW level F156.

I am wanting to connect the older Neo 6 to newer one and use it as an expansion pack. Anyone know if this would work? Do both Neo's have to be at FW level F146 or above? I will email BBMC support and see if they can answer this question too.

These are details on the firmware of the 2 Neo 6 batts I have:

The spare Neo 6 is at FW level F118.
The Neo 6 currently hardwired to my car is at FW level F156.

I am wanting to connect the older Neo 6 to newer one and use it as an expansion pack. Anyone know if this would work? Do both Neo's have to be at FW level F146 or above? I will email BBMC support and see if they can answer this question too.
I would imagine that using the older batter as the extension battery would work fine. Make sure that they are at very close voltage before connecting them together and try it out. After connecting them. Try to get the pack fully charge and see if it increases your backup time. This is the simplest way to test if it works.

I would need to construct a cable to in order to connect them before I could test it. I was looking to see if some pioneer may have attempted this before or has some knowledge they could share before I continue. I also don't want to frag either battery by testing....... :) I have multimeter and know how to solder a connection but I'm far from being an electrical expert or have any technical expertise on these devices.

BBMC support replied back to me right away, same answer as before, they say no.

"As far as I'm aware, you cannot connect two base Cellink NEO's together with one acting as an expansion, however, you could simply charge both of them and swap the output cable between the two as needed! "

Someone here connected a neo 9 and a cellink b together with success. It's fine though, if you don't feel comfortable messing with it, you certainly shouldn't.

I read that thread, lots of good info, especially on the connectors needed.

Hi, we’re you able to connect two neo 6 battery as extension? I need to do the same with neo 8+ and Neo 6. Is it possible l?

I now have an extra Cellink Neo 6 and want to add it as expansion battery to the Neo 6 powering my TW F800 pro. Can it be done? If so are there any pitfalls or issues in doing this?
Hi, we’re you able to connect two neo 6 battery as extension? I need to do the same with neo 8+ and Neo 6. Is it possible l?

I'm looking at connecting a neo 6 and a a neo 8 together is that possible,

Back