Can VIOFO A119-G V3 record G-Sensor data onto footage or into a file?

Obi-Wan

Reaction score
Country
Poland
As the title say, Can VIOFO A119-G V3 record G-Sensor data onto footage or into a file? Just like the GPS data.

I know there are VIOFO representatives on this forum. Maybe they can help with that and pass that feature request to the engineers?

Read that of course :)

More data more possibilities...
Many dashcams and sports cams logs G-sensor data along with the GPS data. It could be very useful.

But personally I would like to gather G-sensor data from a rally sprint on track.

Last edited:
Read that of course :)

More data more possibilities...
Many dashcams and sports cams logs G-sensor data along with the GPS data. It could be very useful.

But personally I would like to gather G-sensor data from a rally sprint on track.

OK, I see what you have in mind, but I imagine in a road rally you'll end up with quite a few locked files in your RO folder. Perhaps that's not a problem as long as you can get the data you're after.

Which dash cams and action cams log G-sensor data?

Last edited:
Common function of the Ambarella chipsets, can't recall any Novatek based products that have this though, not sure but it may not even be a supported function
Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: Come to think of it, @jokiin, I haven't owned an Ambarella chipset cam in quite a long time.

Last edited:
My last AMBA camera was the joovuu X cam

Someone in Africa made a APP for the locals to log the conditions of the roads with their phones while they drive around, and request repairs of roads.
Pretty good idea if you ask me.

Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: Come to think of it, @jokiin, I haven't owned an Ambarella chipset cam in quite a long time.
yeah they were back popular when GoPro used Ambarella as there was some sort of perception that they must have been the best option, that quickly changed when GoPro went to a different solution and everyone that was doing Ambarella based cameras realised why, the support from Ambarella leaves a lot to be desired to say the least

Reactions: Mtz
yeah they were back popular when GoPro used Ambarella as there was some sort of perception that they must have been the best option, that quickly changed when GoPro went to a different solution and everyone that was doing Ambarella based cameras realised why, the support from Ambarella leaves a lot to be desired to say the least

Yes, I recall how in the past you've mentioned that you could never get adequate product support from Ambarbella because you were not a high enough volume manufacturer.

On a somewhat related note I wonder how Intel is doing now that Apple has started using their own chips? Right out of the starting gate Apple Silicone seems to have blown every other chip maker out of the water with the performance of their A12 - A14 and M1 processors and SoCs. And the new M1 chip not only blows everything out of the water it does so with dramatically lower power requirements. Makes you wonder what the other chip makers have been doing all this time? Moore's law marches onward!

Last edited:
Yes, I recall how in the past you've mentioned that you could never get adequate product support from Ambarbella because you were not a high enough volume manufacturer.
we have nowhere near the volume required to get proper support, I knew this wasn't going to change as I knew someone that worked with their second largest customer at the time (they were doing 600,000 Amberalla based cameras per year) and they had the exact same issue, basically support was there for GoPro and nobody else mattered, as I understand it they are a bit better to deal with since they lost 95% of their business, too little, too late in my opinion though

On a somewhat related note I wonder how Intel is doing now that Apple has started using their own chips? Right out of the starting gate Apple Silicone seems to have blown every other chip maker out of the water with the performance of their A12 - A14 and M1 processors and SoCs. And the new M1 chip not only blows everything out of the water it does so with dramatically lower power requirements. Makes you wonder what the other chip makers have been doing all this time? Moore's law marches onward!
yeah my brother is waiting on the new Macbook pro with the M1, I think the advantages they have comes from controlling the software and the hardware from end to end, that allows them to do things that aren't possible using some else's processor, game changer for sure

My SGZC12SG V2 Pro (still in great working conditions) records all the information, including GPS coordinates, speed, date, time, and G-sensor data, into its video files. I do not know whether or not any current Street Guardian cams still have this feature. I think that @jokiin should be able to tell you regarding this.

I found that DVplayer and Kenwood player are able to show such G-sensor data :D What a pity that A119G do not record that...

gsensor1_603be4d6d385b.jpg

gsensor2_603be4dcd5eba.jpg

Back