Can you change the SSID and/or Password

Drifter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a way to change the SSID and or the password for wifi?

12345678 is pretty bad and I would like to change it. I know it is a small range for this device however I still do not want a generic password.

Thanks

I would assume there is a option for that in the APP, there is for the jovuu X camera.
I think you should allso be able to change the name of the wifi from the camera, again thats possible on the x cam, and i assume the git2 can do the same.

There is no app yet :( and you cannot do it via the camera menu (at least I can't figure out how to do it)

You can change SSID with FNCam on Android

Last edited:
Sheeee :rolleyes: totally forgot the gitup app was not out yet :oops:
But nice FinalCam is able to do that here and now.

you reaally need to get off those default passwords, but sadly a lot of ppl around the world forget that.

I tried final cam and I can't find the SSID/password setting in it to change it on the camera. Plus it does not seem to see the proper features such as 1080p and 16mp.

Sorry its not FinalCam but FNCam

683422tempFileForShare20160130160128.jpg

haha :) but i am not at liberty to make jokes about fading memory.

Sheeee :rolleyes: totally forgot the gitup app was not out yet :oops:
But nice FinalCam is able to do that here and now.

you reaally need to get off those default passwords, but sadly a lot of ppl around the world forget that.
that's true for things like your home router and stuff, but i don't really care if someone wants to try to connect to my action camera during the VERY brief times that its WiFi is actually turned on. it's not like they can snoop sensitive packets between the 2 devices. sure, i suppose it could possibly be used as an enrty point to my phone, but if your phone has such an easy to exploit hole, changing the ssid/pw won't help. that said, i wouldn't complain if the pw was shorter, similar to pairing a bluetooth device (another example of something that generally doesn't need real security since it's not doing anything super-secure).

What a great app, FN Cam!!! Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Git2 5
L Git2 0
Caghan Git2 38
Back