Can you identify this dash cam

Graymanstole

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was given a cheap dash cam with no specific instructions or guides on how to use it. I've found a similar camera online Here but it doesn't show any model or useful information. Can anyone identify this really cheap thing? The issue I'm having with it is while it does work, it will not overwrite old videos, so once the 32GB card fills up it stops recording. I have been paying attention to it mostly and format the card when I see it's full, but don't want to keep doing that. I will eventually buy a new dash cam but if I can get this one functional I'll give it to my daughter for her to use. Any help is appreciated.

Hundreds of these in Asia with different names. Some of these do give some nice videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hundreds of these in Asia with different names. Some of these do give some nice videos.

Thanks for the reply!

Any idea where I might be able to find an instruction pdf so I can figure out how to loop the recording to overwrite the old videos instead of continually having to format the SD card?

Post a picture of your cam here. I can try to find a similar cam in Malaysia that has an online site where you can download instructions. I need clear pictures of the front and back.
I will be in Malaysia for a week, so hurry. Low Yatt in Kuala Lumpur is where I will look.

Thanks for the reply!

Any idea where I might be able to find an instruction pdf so I can figure out how to loop the recording to overwrite the old videos instead of continually having to format the SD card?
The manual is unlikely to help in your case, these are not settings, but most likely an error in the firmware. Can you attach a photo of the menu from this dashcam?
Вам нужно попробовать установить прошивку, в некоторых версиях этот DVR был помечен DVR-K6000.

There are a lot of firmwares here https://3ppc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25800&page=11 (you need to register on the site)
list of firmware:
2-99140-20121116_sd.rar
2-G99141-20130415.rar
9712G-20130807.rar
9712G-K6000-地球+SOS.rar
9712G-K6000-地球+SOSnew.rar
9712-K6O00-__-NO G.rar
9712-K6O00-NO G.rar
9712-K6O00-地球-NO G.rar
99140-20120730_sd.rar
20120730.rar
20120921.rar
201209053.zip
AU-G99140-20130424.zip
CPT-MI1600G-20130625.rar
D-CPT-MI1600G-20130823.rar
FW 14D-V02-K.rar
And here

You need to check, try to update the firmware through the memory card ?... although there is a chance to turn it into a brick, but users write that they were able to try out a lot of firmware while the right one was found

Last edited:
I have attached a couple pics of the basic menu structure and the version of whatever software this says it's running.
IMG_20190404_123123.jpgIMG_20190404_123204.jpg

No numbers or symbols stamped on the casing?
You might want to look at the dashcams in aliexpress or dealxtreme.com and see if you find it there.
I bought a no-name dashcam there a few years ago.

Nothing on the casing other than the "1080p Full HD" print on the front of the unit

Found this

e0000609ee58111f7685150e7f819a15.jpg

Been looking around. All of them I see have the buttons on the side. Looks like yours is an older model with buttons on the back.

Not sure if this will help but here goes!

It seems you've found how to access the menus. Do that again remembering the sequence of buttons you used to get there. Once you get in that first menu, try pressing the last button you pushed again- this usually takes you to the next menu page where you'll find different settings. There can be many menu pages so find them all. The "up" and "down" buttons on the left should scroll through the menu page and ether the last button you pushed or the one previous to that should allow you to enter that setting to adjust it to your liking. Exit the setting by reversing the button-press sequence that got you there which should save the setting. This will take you back the the menu page, and pressing that same button again (or the one previous to that) should take you out of the menu.

I'd recommend taking notes on which buttons you used so that the next time you can refer to them for faster results. Most dashcams are 'intuitive', and once you understand their basic operation you will find they're all similar with only the buttons you need to push varying. With a screen-equipped cam they're not too hard to figure out and it's hard to screw them up so badly that they 'brick' on you by pressing buttons.

Phil

My search attempt found these (from the same company) -- C450 and C570
Note that I'm going by your first picture. Check out the similarity of the controls (even tho they're 'push' compared to 'touch-sense').
Considering the diversity of styles in the dashcam world, that looks like a match.

As Leonauto indicated above the camera I have appears to be some version of the DVR-K6000 (found on Amazon) with what appears to be a different firmware version than usual. I'm not certain what firmware this is, but it doesn't match up to most menu screens in the K6000 cameras I've found online. That being said I did make some changes to my particular camera, changing the 'Video Time' to 10 minutes in the menu which I think is equivalent to the 'Loop' feature in the standard K6000. Hopefully this will allow continual recording as it overwrites older videos as the memory card fills up. I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it still records after a couple days to be sure it is overwriting older videos, but I'm confident given the menu options this is my best bet. I want to thank all of you for responding, I was able to get far more information from a few hours here than I did months of google searching before. Thanks!

Back