Can you set up the 12RC without the card installed?

AMOO

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off: I understand that it can't actually RECORD anything. I am fully aware of that.

I ask because I liked my 12RC so much, I got one for my sister with her new car from Pier 28. Pier 28 is amazing for anyone wondering!

The problem is, she lives on the side of a mountain (literally in essence), and shipping takes some time to get there... so while she has the unit, her MicroSD card wont be there until late next week.

They just got snowed in and she figured she would install the camera, but didn't want to turn it on without a card in there.

Does it "hurt" the camera to do this? She really just needs to turn it on to view the screen so she can properly place the camera on the windshield with the right point of view and angle. Once she does that and runs everything, she will wait for her card to get there to put that in. This way though she can set everything up while snowed in, so all she needs to do is put her card in when she gets it.

Is this OK? Will the unit be damaged (I told her I would suspect not - but that i'd confirm)... and i reiterated it obviously would not record whatsoever until she gets the MicroSD card in it (and she fully understands that).

Thanks!

Back