CANADA DASHCAM.COM

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jason, and I'm a managing partner at Canada Dashcam. We started a online store front offering the best valued dash camera on the market. We're located in Calgary, Alberta. We offer shipping world-wide. Our default shipping method is Canada Post Expedited Parcel or you may choose FedEx. If you have any questions, please contact us at: hello@canadadashcam.com.

Order online at: CANADA DASHCAM.COM

Jason
CANADA DASHCAM.COM

Last edited:
Update:

We're now an authorized dealer of BlackVue products. BlackVue has released their new models for 2014:

DR-600GW-HD
DR-650GW-2CH

Last edited:
Update:

We now carry VicoVation products. Excellent quality. We have the following:

Vico-Marcus 4
Vico-Marcus 5 Dual

If you have any questions, send us an email (hello@canadadashcam.com) or call our toll-free number: 1 (844) DASH-CAM.

The units are defective. I guess I have been lucky so far. In the two incidents I had in the past three years, seller paid for return shipping.

I think QUC didn't even have a full day's use of either dash camera. If QUC used it for a while, then I have to agree with you. I remembered paying shipping for a monitor that broke down after 18 months. I bought that from Future Shop. Had the monitor was found defective on the first day, I would have either get a new one or full refund.

QUC should have used Paypal. a full refund would be the most likely outcome had Paypal was used.

I will not deal with online seller that charge return shipping on item proved to be defective on the first day.

I will use paypal from now on.

I will never buy from any online seller that donot pay for return shipping for defective product.

Canada dashcam has not been fair to me. The reason why I won't pay the return shipping because they have lost their creditbility. They can not assured me the second replacement will not be defective like the first two. How many times do I have to pay for return shipping??

I bought a compass from China two years ago. It was defective. I put two compass along with that one and the one from China will point to south while my two point to north. I sent the photo to seller and received another one. Same thing happened. I have no idea why but seller told me to keep the two compass and gave me a full refund. These are very highend compass.

When a product is defective, the buyer has every right to ask for refund....

Last edited:
buyers are taking a risk to buy anything online.

Stories like this is why many customers still prefer to go to a store.

I think buyer like QUC should get who he/she paid for without paying anything extra. I would be mad as hell if a seller told me to pay for sending the defective item when it was DOA(defective on arrival).

I agree, out of box failures shouldn't be at the customers expense, low cost sellers argue that they don't have enough profit to support the service, goes with the territory unfortunately

Buyers can write review on Canada Dashcam website. Reviews posted were all given 5 stars (best ratings)

I have written more than 6 one star (lowest rating) review from mid-December 2014 to mid-January 2015.

So far, none of my bad reviews are posted on their website.

I think with my luck of getting 2 defective dashcams from Canada dashcam, I should try my luck on lottery.

Dash cam Talk to save my ass.
Our family went to Alberta for a 2 weeks vacations. My boss told me to pick up some dash cam and GPS.

He will donate them as table price for annual dinner held yesterday.

My boss told his secretary to place the order and request the address for pick up and indivual invoices so that winner can contact seller directly for services etc.

My boss picked Canada dashcam. He went to a 6 days ice fishing trip up north and leave it up to meto handle the transaction. I was in Drumheller when I learned about the order. The pick up address is not on the website. I told my son to do a search on this seller and found this forum.

I am concerned if the winner have to pay return shipping if any of their dash cam is also defective.

I convinced my boss. I picked up the dashcam from another seller and they will give us 30 days free shipping return if the item breaks down within 30days from today.

Thank you Dashcam Talk.

My boss really likes the model he picked. I will look for them elsewhere.

Returned everything. Canada Post confirmed delivery and acceptance. Still no full refund.

most online sellers don't pay return shipping, that's pretty common
Some retailers are really dropping the ball on customer service and just shipping product without even looking at it.
We offer a guaranteed working unit when you get the camera.. We can do this because we actually power up and record with the unit to make sure it's all up to our quality standards. And all shipping is free if coming back as a DOA unit.
We do charge return shipping if it's under warranty, that is pretty much standard. We will pay to ship it back to you.
But this is very rare to have returns for us.
We believe if you order something online and receive a DOA you just lost that customer and about 5 others as he/she will tell friends etc. Worse if you get a poor review on the Web.

There is no excuse for not provide full refund on 2 DOAs.

Why should a buyer has to suffer any loss?

Why should a buyer has to pay for any shipping when he/she didn't even have a chance to use the product?

Some of the accessories are not even returnable. Why is a buyer being forced to buy the accessories when the unit is DOA?

I have returned everything and seller refused to refund anything.

I have to take other action.

It is unfortunate and we regret that we were unable to come to an agreement on this resolution. Canada Dashcam has taken steps to work with the Better Business Bureau on this issue and they have acknowledged our attempts at resolving this complaint. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent product and a hassle free return policy which is detailed on our website.

We sincerely hope that you were able to obtain a product that worked well for you.

about the return fee , i suggest the ebay or others B2C to work with the insurance company .
In China, we usually buy product from Taobao.com, if bought the return insurance when i paid for the products, the insurance will afford the return fee if I don't like the received products and return to the sellers .

it's a good idea to buy on line

Maybe it's the conspiracy-theorist in me, but I find it awfully odd that the initial complaint, as well as the two supporting posters all have the same writing style, and accounts that were started within 7 days of each other. Could be purely coincidence, and doesn't belie the fact that good service is hard to come by... but still - makes my sniff-tester start to act up.

Back