Cannot change resolution etc via AutoExec.ash

Beek

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Try as I might, I can't change any resolution settings via AutoExec. I can easily get it to connect to wifi using the script, but nothing I do has any effect on the resolution using a range of example scripts on this forum.

I can do some things like set the camera to take RAW images and set the bitrate, but just cannot change the video resolution.

I've tried various versions and hacked versions of the firmware, to no avail.

There is something going on with my cameras that possibly relate to this other issue I was having https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/solved-record-video-in-station-mode-crashes-camera.15444

If I try and change the mode with the app to video it crashes the app, if I try and record video when in photo mode via the app it crashes the camera.

Seems like there's some kind of security settings that stop the overriding of camera settings via AutoExec or Telnet maybe?

Anyone any ideas?

Here is an example I'm trying to use at the moment

Code:
sleep 5
lu_util exec telnetd -l/bin/sh

#disable thumbnail file
lu_util exec rm /tmp/fuse_d/DCIM/100MEDIA/*_thm.mp4
sleep 1

#set file size to 4GB
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004

sleep 3
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C

sleep 1
# Set RAW + JPG Photo
t app test debug_dump 14

sleep 5
t pwm 1 enable
sleep .5
t pwm 1 disable
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh'
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

Last edited:
The only way I could make high bitrate to work for me (Z23L) was with a firmware that is available from this forum. The exec did nothing. So if this doesn't work for you, the only thing that is different is the Telnet. I think this is the one interfering with the script or the firmware, tho it is really intresting as to how it can mess up the firmware...

Thanks. Yeah I've got the same model camera and it seems to be doing something similar. I tried not running the Telnet command and it doesn't make any difference.

Some functions are affected by the exce, but not it seems anything to do with video. I can get RAW photos, Wifi and a range of other stuff.

I might see how hard it is to hack the FW.

...it is all working for me, i can set every resolution and bitrate i want that cam support!
even yesterday i filmed 2304x1296 30 fps 45 mbps with my fast microsd and al was ok, no file splitting...
Something is going wrong with your autoexec!
All other lines in script would work, also disabling thumbnail?
Ok i am looking at your autoexec....
...ok i see it, with that command:
"writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C"
you set bitrate of resolution 1600x1200 to 35mbps only when you set this resolution, writw is only for bitrate setting!
you need writeb setting for resolution you want:
"writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C"
to set that resolution to standard bitrate you choosed via modified firmware or app(high quality, normal or low quality)
with writew you can set bitrate you want for that resolution!
for you specially:
Code:
#1600x1200 60fps 35 mbps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C
...please read here in forum how to set resolution, bitrate and all the other things you can do and all lines would work

mfg
gente

..you need writeb setting for resolution you want:
"writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C"
to set that resolution to standard bitrate you choosed via modified firmware or app(high quality, normal or low quality)
with writew you can set bitrate you want for that resolution!
for you specially:
Code:
#1600x1200 60fps 35 mbps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C
...please read here in forum how to set resolution, bitrate and all the other things you can do and all lines would work
mfg
gente

I can't get your script to work (or even anyone elses)

I have searched and done everything written on these forums.
from setting unix script with .ash-extension, empty last line, saving directly to SD card, still not a working hack :/ could you help me out here?

Yep thanks @gente, this isn't fixing it. It's the same resolution (1980x1080). The bitrate and frame rate is changing, but not the resolution.

I can get the resolution to change on a really old version of the FW, on my Z23L.

Attachments

• bitrate.PNG
    bitrate.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yep thanks @gente, this isn't fixing it. It's the same resolution (1980x1080). The bitrate and frame rate is changing, but not the resolution.
I can get the resolution to change on a really old version of the FW, on my Z23L.

which fw is that? I can't change it either on 1.2.13

Sorry I meant 1.0.12

Last edited:

That adresses in lines are for the newest firmware 1.2.13 and are working very well!
Why don't update to newest firmware?

They were at the newest firmware, and I can't get any of the commands to work with the resolution. Believe me, I've spent several hours trying. My cameras are doing some things differently from everyone else it seems, for instance they can't go into record mode via the app - you always have to set record mode manually.

I can however, get these ones to work fine with one version back, so I'll just use these for now. There is one bug, where the camera can't stop recording if the wifi doesn't connect via the script - but it's enough to move on with.

Back