Cannot connect C3 to a computer

Biker

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My C3 can not connect to a computer so it is impossible for me to use the GUI or download files. Especially irritating since I am reviewing the C3 and would have liked to use the GUI in order to quickly switch between settings.

When connected to a computer it asks for a driver that can not be found. So I the C3 is not showing up as a disk. I am using the correct cable, lens attached, tested with XP, Win7 and Win8 computers and tried several memory cards.

I have communicated the problem with the manufacturer and his only advice is that I have to live with the situation.
Rock says "Do not worry about that, you can take out SD card from Camera, you only need to have a SD card reader."

We are not amused ;-)!

When you plug the shorter usb cable into the camera and into your computer what color is the LED on the camera?

When you plug the shorter usb cable into the camera and into your computer what color is the LED on the camera?

It is red, i e the same colour as when recording but it i stable

You can try to reload the firmware without using the camera as a drive if you want.

Take the SD card out of the camera and put in your computer
Format the card to erase any files , use FAT32 for formatting
Download the firmware from my dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulk9aclbfh1yzck/FWC3.bin?dl=0
copy the FWC3.bin file to the sd card - do not change the name of the file
remove the sd card from your computer and put it back in the camera with the lens cable connected and plug in the long usb cable into the camera and your computer
You should see the led start to flash green for a while 15-20 seconds. Don't unplug or turn power off while green is flashing

If all of that goes well try to use short usb cord on your computer again and let me know what it does

You can try to reload the firmware without using the camera as a drive if you want.

Take the SD card out of the camera and put in your computer
Format the card to erase any files , use FAT32 for formatting
Download the firmware from my dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulk9aclbfh1yzck/FWC3.bin?dl=0
copy the FWC3.bin file to the sd card - do not change the name of the file
remove the sd card from your computer and put it back in the camera with the lens cable connected and plug in the long usb cable into the camera and your computer
You should see the led start to flash green for a while 15-20 seconds.

If all of that goes well try to use short usb cord on your computer again and let me know what it does

I have asked Rock if I should replace the firmware and he said no. But I will try it anyway.

I have asked Rock if I should replace the firmware and he said no. But I will try it anyway.

Unfortunately it is still registred as an unknown device and the computer asks for a driver. Tested with XP and Win7 computers and with two different SD cards, same problem.

what happens when you let it look for a driver?

Does the camera record?
If you use the long usb cable connected to the camera and your computer or a usb power source does it start to record automatically?

Does the camera record?
If you use the long usb cable connected to the camera and your computer or a usb power source does it start to record automatically?

Yes, it is recording.
And when connected to the computer with the long cable it shows red, flashing green, red and so on.
Previously, before the firmware replacement, it started recording

Yes, it is recording.
And when connected to the computer with the long cable it shows red, flashing green, red and so on.
Previously, before the firmware replacement, it started recording

Also tried to connect the C3 to an Android Phone over an OTG cable but it is not recognized

If you are plugging in the long usb cable to the camera with the lens attached to it and you are seeing a green flashing led everytime you hook up the cable, then the firmware has not loaded into the camera

OTG won't work anyway when connected to the camera for some reason

If you are plugging in the long usb cable to the camera with the lens attached to it and you are seeing a green flashing led everytime you hook up the cable, then the firmware has not loaded into the camera

I did a new firmware upgrade, green, then rapid flashing green (just like it says in the "manual"), then it alternates between red, very rapid flashin gren, red and so on. When I disconnect the long cable it starts recording.

when you plug the long cable in again without adding any new firmware files does the LED flash green?

when you plug the long cable in again without adding any new firmware files does the LED flash green?

I am not sure I understand your question. Have performed two firmware upgrades today and according to the "manual" they were installed OK.
The C3 is recording, it is not recognized by my computer however, and when I connect it to a charger (with the long cable) it now shows alternating green and red. Used to be yellow prior to the firmware upgrades.

Afraid that I will deem the C3 defect and scrap it from my review. I am extremely grateful for you help but I am going to warn my readers that they will not ge any (useful) support from the manufacturer if they buy the C3.

If you are still seeing an alternating red and green LED when you connect the long usb to the camera and to a usb power source then something has gone wrong with the firmware update to the recording unit. Either a process error or user error

In normal operation using the long usb cable you should either see an alternating orange and red LED or just a flashing red LED.

Rock had asked me if I could try to figure out a solution for your problem since I have tested and supported 75 C3 cameras that I bought for a group buy that I organized. If you're done with it that's ok but if you'd like some help with trying to see what the issue is just let me know and I can set up a Skype text chat to walk you through some options.

If you are still seeing an alternating red and green LED when you connect the long usb to the camera and to a usb power source then something has gone wrong with the firmware update to the recording unit. Either a process error or user error

In normal operation using the long usb cable you should either see an alternating orange and red LED or just a flashing red LED.

Rock had asked me if I could try to figure out a solution for your problem since I have tested and supported 75 C3 cameras that I bought for a group buy that I organized. If you're done with it that's ok but if you'd like some help with trying to see what the issue is just let me know and I can set up a Skype text chat to walk you through some options.

I really value your help. Your knowledge about the C3 to me seems far superior to Rock´s :)!
And I will be grateful to receive youe further assistance. How can I reach you by Skype?

Your knowledge about the C3 to me seems far superior to Rock´s :)!
This I doubt - But willy510 may have a better grasp of English. I confess not to speaking Swedish.

All the Windows versions - are they running NATIVE or via Virtualbox/VMware or similar?

I don't know what protocols the C3 uses. On a Mobius for example I know that LINUX does not support the protocol the GUI uses - Not even using WINE.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F C3 0
K C3 7
S C3 52
Back