Cannot delete protected files - again !!!

rojelllisu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Nexbase G-sensor is rubbish, locking files because of a pothole, even when it is set to LOW. Anyway, this would not be a problem, if I could do an easy delete of all the locked files (before they take up all the memory).

I was doing this quite easily, by tuning my iPad into the Nextbase wifi, and then there is/was a multiple unlock function. You could unlock 20 files in 30 seconds. But just tried this, and the new iPad Nextbase app will not let me do it.

This is a real pain. How else can you do multiple unlocks (not one at a time).

R

Thats the case with most cameras, only a very few are too low in sensitivity.
And why use it ? i mean you are driving and recording anyway, so with any decent sized memory card in the camera you have no chance of loosing a crash event to camera recycling on memory space.
I only drove with the silly G sensor on for a few days as even with custom g sensor values my Lukas camera still triggered a few times during my driver.
So i disabled it and agreed with myself if i have a event i can remember it or i can press the event button when it happen ( if small event ) and if its a large event then the car will soon be shut off if it dont do that on its own.
And my little sister are instructed to go recover memory cards in case i get into something extreme and am unable to do so myself.

If i was to get a event that still allowed me to drive on, then i would just save that to my phone before i proceed.
It would also be quite nice if you in playback mode in the camera was able to tag a file as read only and so protect a event before you proceed, but my phone also allow for file copy on the go so i can do it that way.
Or i could just turn off that one camera as i have several in my car.
Or i could put a spare memory card in the car ( something i really should do with all those cameras )

With a wifi camera and a phone / tablet you could probably backup a single file with a event that way and save it on the phone / tablet, you had a event and are stopped anyway so you should have time to do it then.

You can also just delete the read only files on the computer.
Or format the card in the camera assuming you have nothing of interest on it you want to save.

Hi @rojelllisu

So we can test this what version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Be reassured though that the 512GW will not fill up with proteccted files, if 40% of the card is full of protected files it will begin deleting those also.

An easy way to remove them is to format the card, this should be done regularly anyway.

Sorry for the delay, but the numbers are.... 9.5
The rest is NBDVR412GW-R9.5

R

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 412GW 5