Cannot install firmware

FlabbyDodger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently purchased an SGGCX2PRO+ (memory card included) on Amazon.ca and am trying to update the firmware to SGGCX2PROplus Firmware V1-22. I have formatted the card in-camera, copied FWGCPX2P.bin to the root directory of the card, and deleted the DCIM directory. When I put the card back in the camera and power it up, it just starts up as normal. When I check the firmware version, it reports GCX2P_20180820_V1.15. I've also tried renaming the extension to .BIN as hinted in the readme, but no luck.

Why won't it take the update?

If you don't see a "+" anywhere on your version page you need to convert to the plus edition of the firmware. I'll private message you the special 2 part update instructions. I'll copy @Street Guardian Canada as well. Check your inbox in the upper right shortly.

If you have or plan to add a rear camera, Don't update to the Plus edition if you have the SGR323CAM. Plus only works with the newer SGR291CAM.

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't see a "+" on the version screen, so it seems I was sold a camera with the non-plus firmware, despite it being listed as "SGGCX2PRO+". It's good to know I can still upgrade the firmware. I also purchased an SGR291CAM (just arrived so I haven't tried it yet), but I understand I will need to complete the 2-step firmware update before using it.

I will report back with the results later.

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't see a "+" on the version screen, so it seems I was sold a camera with the non-plus firmware, despite it being listed as "SGGCX2PRO+". It's good to know I can still upgrade the firmware. I also purchased an SGR291CAM (just arrived so I haven't tried it yet), but I understand I will need to complete the 2-step firmware update before using it.
most of the stock out now has the PRO+ firmware installed already so the listings were adjusted to try and avoid confusion, there is no difference in the camera, only the firmware to suit whichever rear camera is being used

Back