Cannot modify configuration at all

Feles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey I just got a Mobius today. It seems to record fine (I have a 32GB Sandisk in it) and I can copy the file out and everything. However I cannot seem to do any of the following:

- Modify it with msetup. It recognizes that there's a device but it tells me, "Device not supported."
- Download the text config file. I can press the button sequence and the LEDs indicate that it's working (correct timings according to the instruction), but when I open the disc, there's no config file. I've tried multiple times to no avail
- Installing new firmware. I dropped the .bin file into the root directory, disconnected the device, waited, until it was off, then plugged it back in. The LED sequence was normal for when I normally plug it in (no 13 second wait or anything) and when I opened the disc, the .bin file was gone.

Now, this is pretty annoying because I can't do any configuration at all, which I would like to do as I was planning on using it as a dash cam (180 flip and auto record specifically). I've done some searching and I can't find anyone else with this issue. Do I have a busted camera?

I've tried three different ports and three different cables, and two different computers (one with Windows 7 and one with Windows 10). No dice, which is why I'm thinking it's the camera.

Welp, for future reference, apparently I got a counterfeit model. I'm going to see if I can return this and get a real one. Didn't even know these were counterfeited.

For reference: http://www.buymobius.com/pages/how-to-tell-if-a-mobius-camera-is-counterfeit-or-fake

EDIT: Also so everyone's aware, I got this off of Amazon from https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00DP1WYD2It was from a reseller, "V-top trading". I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming the trader didn't know they were selling a fake. Fortunately I can return it for full price, so it's just some time wasted. I'm going to buy one from the Novotm listing now instead.

Last edited:
Yup thanks, I got one from their Amazon store. Just came today (fast shipping!) and it's definitely genuine. Also got a refund for the fake one. Hope no one else gets burned the same way.

Yup thanks, I got one from their Amazon store. Just came today (fast shipping!) and it's definitely genuine. Also got a refund for the fake one. Hope no one else gets burned the same way.
Nice purchase for sure. They are great to deal with.

Back