Cannot play Ausdom A261 Quicktime movie.

medash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AusdomA261 / Vantrue R2 / A119
I just received Ausdome A261 and after I took some videos , I could not play it back.
I did not adjust anything before shooting, and I ended up with: a file of 4 GB (Quicktime Mov).

It would not play on Win 7 with Quicktime Player or VLC Media Player or Windows Media Player.
When I tried QT Player, I got this:
upload_2016-7-5_20-39-59.png

The reason the file is so large is because Recycle-Record came in the OFF position instead of 1Min/ 3 M./5M

Any idea why I am not able to play the 4GB File?
upload_2016-7-5_20-44-23.png

TIA

if you have recycle on can it play the files then?
Did not try it yet ... I just changed it to 5 min... we will see.
I wanted to know if that was normal... because I am suspecting it was an open return/defective... since it came without any plastic cover on the Lens; and the wires/the charger/ the mount all came without any cover... I have to go back and look at the review videos (Unboxing) on Utube
Thanks.

see if regular files play, letting the files run to their size limit can cause problems so it may be something as simple as that which is giving you grief with playback

4GB file is too big for most players to handle.
Try Potplayer but definitely use loop cycle of shorter time.

4GB file is too big for most players to handle.
Try Potplayer but definitely use loop cycle of shorter time.
Tried Potplayer:

upload_2016-7-5_22-33-58.png

I will try the 5 min recording cycle tomorrow and see what happened.

I used Lumia 640 before getting Dashcams (still use them for the back), and I could shoot up 10 GB-12 GB videos , and playback with all the media players with no sweat... no apps were up to the task to record segments like with dashcams.

upload_2016-7-5_22-44-28.png

Last edited:
I'd be more inclined to think it was related to hitting the file size limit breaking something rather than a problem for the player handling that sized file, once you try a shorter recording you'll have a better indication I think

Did you format the card in the camera?

Size has little to do with it ... ( Or everything )
Some how the file has corrupted ...
Yes , set to loop recording and see what happens ...

For video players , size has nothing to do with being able to play , unless your computer lacks resources .. ( CPU , RAM , sloooow HDD )
So many possible reasons .. Just loop record and set a recording time ..

What Micro SD card are you using , just asking ...

Thanks everybody for your help: The Sd card is good/Lexar 32Gb
I think it is like what jokiin said: Limitation where the file size limit is breaking something.
All the 5 minute file segments I did today played fine.

How do I get rid of the GPS marking? Does removing Google GPS Player do it?
upload_2016-7-6_16-22-35.png

The videos are a small step above Vantrue R2... but I think they are phasing out the A261 ... Very few places have them at a very high price even our favorite GB $120.

Is there a substitute to the windshield mount it came with? I couldn't find any...

That's not GPS marking.
It's just the player displaying it as caption. It's not stamped in the video.
Just turn caption off.

What he said ;)

What he said ;)

I never heard of Potplayer before ... the picture when used as downloaded is far better than the ones I had so far: VLC, etc... but, it will probably take me a few years to learn how to use all the nested menus in it... if I only can find where to turn those captions off. FOUND IT !!!
Thanks Sunny for suggesting it.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for your help: The Sd card is good/Lexar 32Gb
I think it is like what jokiin said: Limitation where the file size limit is breaking something.
All the 5 minute file segments I did today played fine.

How do I get rid of the GPS marking? Does removing Google GPS Player do it?
View attachment 24279

The videos are a small step above Vantrue R2... but I think they are phasing out the A261 ... Very few places have them at a very high price even our favorite GB $120.

Is there a substitute to the windshield mount it came with? I couldn't find any...

That is your GPS info :

First is Degrees North ending in N
Second is Degrees West ending in W
And the numbers after W is your speed , 72.77 ( Is that kmh ? )

That is your GPS info :

First is Degrees North ending in N
Second is Degrees West ending in W
And the numbers after W is your speed , 72.77 ( Is that kmh ? )

Yes kmh.
Thanks for the GPS info.

duplicate

Last edited:
Back