Cannot send videos via iMessage or SMS downloaded from BluSkySea B1w

But when the connection is through a carrier, whatever restrictions that carrier has will apply to anything it is carrying. Which I think is the original point. Of course none of that applies if connected through other means like wifi where the carrier has no input or control.

The main problem here is with the devices being used for the apps, which are not using a single standard system but a variety of them. So no matter how thorough an app designer is, the next device being released requires another app (or alteration of an existing app) to make things function properly. They are forever chasing their tail and never catching it. They are forever being blamed for failures not of their own creation. I honestly couldn't handle a job like that where you can never finish and never win. Our frustrations need to be pointed at the device developers, not the app designers, because they are the only ones who can fix the problem they keep perpetuating.

So it's useless coming here to do more than report a problem so that estore009 can get the developers to begin working on it. They have always done this for us as best they can so perhaps when they get your problems sorted out you should send them a "Thank You" here for doing a job they should not have to be doing and are not getting paid directly to do. Look around and you'll see many other cam makers doing nothing for their customers having similar issues- now be glad that's not happening here :cool:

Phil

But when the connection is through a carrier, whatever restrictions that carrier has will apply to anything it is carrying.

Rest snipped...

Phil

Phil,

Here's the thing about Apple, they're different. Apple is such a force in the cellular world, they dictate what a carrier can or can't do when it comes to iPhones. If the carrier doesn't listen to what Apple says is allowed for their products, Apple threatens to pull the plug on iPhone sales to them. The reason Android got so big was because Apple limited sales to specific carriers. For example, for years, ATT was it, if you wanted an iPhone. Other carriers begged Apple and they basically said, "Nope, unless you do x,y, and z." That's why Apple gets to use iMessage, instead of SMS/MMS apps most carriers preinstall on their other phones. Believe me, carriers don't like iMessage because it deprives them of revenue.. as in lets pick up key words from their texts to see what info we can sell to advertisers. With iMessage, Apple see it, so they get the advertising revenue from it, not the carrier or google.

BTW, ever notice how most phones bought through a carrier has tons of bloatware preinstalled, but iPhones don't? It's because Apple won't allow it. Even the startup screen.. with the iPhone, you only get the Apple logo. With my Android phone, I get the carrier logo, in addition to the phone manufacture.

@crabu2 - You have TWO folks on THIS thread - one of whom [I KNOW] worked IT for a major carrier for over FIVE years - telling you how it works and you refuse to believe it. Why is that?
We're trying to help you solve your issue, yet you refuse to accept the basics of how things function.
I'm OUT.

So, I just trimmed a 5 min clip down to 5 Sec using the iPhone. I tried sending it by iMessage and it worked. So I’m going to play around when I have some time. I did this from my homes wifi. I did some quick looking around and it appairs uploads maximums are set by apple but also your mobile carrier?
Wow, I'm surprised that worked. As I mentioned earlier, I took a 4 second clip with the dashcam (6.5mb) and it would not send

Ok.. so let's clear something up quickly.. Your CARRIER determines whether you can send MMS via SMS.
Many smaller ones do NOT support MMS and some larger ones like Google's carriers/subsidiaries.
Can the OP check with that their carrier supports MMS? Doesn't matter whether iMessage/iOS supports it if the carrier doesn't.
We can then rule out whether it's app problem (or not). :)
Carrier supports MMS. I can send native videos taken with the iphone without a problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
facklere B1W 1
4 B1W 2
F B1W 6
S B1W 10
M B1W 4
Back