Cannot set time correctly on DR590-2CH

iwanttoridemybike

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello, I know there has been a few of these threads but I cannot for the life of my figure out what's going in.

I own a DR590-2CH and cannot set the time correctly. I've tried to set it from withing the Viewer software Settings as well as using timeset.exe multiple times without success. When setting manually from within the viewer program, it does trigger a restart and format as it should, but the time is wrong. This morning I tried to set it to current time but it turned out as 1970-01-01.

When using timeset.exe it does create the config/settime.bin file on the SD card with some binary data on it.

Example: Use timeset.exe to set the time to Friday, 3 May 2019 08:15:00 produces the settime.bin contents dÜË\ when reading as ANSI. Sticking the card into the camera, re-initializing and starting sets the time to 2017-02-01 01:01. This is reflected in the video timestamp as well as in the "Date modified" column in the file explorer (where it is actually 2017-02-01 00:01, one hours difference).

It seems to always set the date to 2017-02-01 for some reason, even though I try different times in the timesetting program.

I've tried multiple SD cards as well as upgraded the firmware to 1.006. Am I missing something?

Hi IWTRMB - did you ever resolve this?

Back